CLOSED: Veg-it-up

Vegetarian and vegan fast food primarily for takeaway. Menu features dishes with faux meats, including breaded chickn tenders, chickett salad, burger with grilled veg beef or veg chickn, philly cheese steak, chili, and veggie hot dog. Also sweet potato fries and red skin fries plus lemonade and other beverages. Parking lot in front. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering
1100 W Florence Ave, Unit D (W Manchester Ave)
Inglewood, California 90301
310-670-7400

Open Mon-Thur 11am-8pm, Sun 12-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Nicole T
Chia
Chia

VEG fast food

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Veg-it-up review.

This place is a family-run fast food establishment that's vegetarian and vegan, like a veggie and more angelic version of McDonald's.

While it bills itself as "healthy" because everything is either vegetarian or vegan, actually there are plenty of fried food that's tasty but not so healthy. And some of the items, like the chickn salad and the bean chili are on the salty side -- not unlike to how typical fast food consumer would like to eat.

However, instead of ordering fried things, like the breaded chickn tenders (yummy) or the sweet potato fries (yummy too), you could get a grilled veg chickn or veg beef patty burger. They also make soymilk smoothies and top them with vegan whip cream. Quite sweet and decadent.

The atmosphere is basic and clean, and the prices are cheap. You walk in, and there is a counter where you order your food. A large menu to presented on one side of the wall - it's concise, with many items comprising a faux meat of some kind. Everything is served in to-go ware, and there are several small tables outside for seating.

Could be a good start for meat eaters addictive to fast food burgers to try VEG version.

• Nicole T Nicole T

VEG IT UP IS A PLACE WHERE MEAT EATERS CAN HAVE A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE!! ALL THE MEATS ARE GRILLED TO PERFECTION.NOTHING ABOUT VEG IT UP IS FAKE,EVRYTHING ON THE MENU IS THE DELICIOUSSSSSSSSS:)

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Veg-it-up

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2012

Veg-it-up is very close to the airport. So with some time to spare I stopped in to see what they had for desserts. The employees were very friendly and were pretty enthusiastic about their cheesecake. Now I'm not a fan of the tofu cheesecakes but the woman helping me assured me that theirs is amazing. When I finally tried it I really thought it was the run of the mill vegan cheesecake. I didn't eat the whole thing, it was average. I really think it could have been better if they provided a sauce with it (e.g. strawberry, blueberry). I'd go back to try their other food items, but will likely avoid dessert.

Zippy
Zippy
  • non-vegetarian

The place to be

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2010

I just came back from VEG-IT-UP....I had the chicken burger combo, and it was EXCELLENT!!!! The resturant was very clean, and the service was STUPENDOUS!!! VEG-IT-UP is the place to be!!!

Pros: excellent food, clean, large portions

vflowers10
vflowers10

Veg It Up

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2010

I have read the two reviews on Veg It Up & Veggie Grill which is being compared to Mc Donalds. I have eaten at both and here is te fact after doing REAL research and eating at both places at least 3 months or more consistently. First of all both places purchase their products from the same distributor. Both places serve 1 entree item that is fried and the fried in addition to the fries being fried. Veggie Grill is good for people wo like bland unseasoned food and Veg It Up is good for people who enjoy flavorful food prepared by jamaicains who utilizes seasoning , marinades and spices from their homeland. In addition Veggie Grill prepares some of their drinks and Veg It Up prepares and distributes their drinks in various restaurants and stores. It is a matter of preference but both places are Healthy Fast Food. In addition if you pre-order in advance Veg It Up also serve healthy meals. I hate it when people do not really research a place out before rating it. I am a new vegan for about 6 months and I ask questions where I eat as well as research them out. Again it is a matter of bland or flavor.

Pros: Flavorful Food, Healthy Fast Food, Great Value
Cons: Location, Location, Location
Nicole T
Nicole T

THE BEST VEG SPOT OUT THERE:)

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2010

VEG IT UP IS THE PLACE TO BE. THE PEOPLE THERE ARE VERY WARM AND FREINDLY. I EAT THERE ALMOST EVERYDAY AND MY ABSOLUTE FAV IS THE VEGGIE BURGER:)YOU CAN GET IT BEEF OR CHICKEN AND BOTH FLAVORS ARE THE BOOOOOMMMMMBBBB!!!! I ALWAYS GET THE VEG SPECIAL. YOUR CHOICE OF WHICH VEG BURGER YOU WANT ALONG WITH SWEET POTATO FRIES OR RED SKIN FRIES AND YOUR CHOICE OF LEMONADE WHICH COME IN TWO FLAVORS A MINT JULEP OR A CRANBERRY LEMONADE, TRUST ME ANY FLAVOR YOU GET YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! EVERYTHING ON THE VEG IT UP MENU TASTE ABSOULUTELY DELICIOUSSSSSSSSSS, I HAVE HAD EVERYTHING FROM THE PHILLY STEAK WHICH IS ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVS ALONG WITH THE CHICKETT SALAD SANDWHICH:) THERE IS NOTHING LIKE GOING TO A FAST FOOD RESTARAUNT THAT PROVIDES GOOD FOOD A FREINDLY ENVIRONMENT AND WONDERFUL PEOPLE! I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO GO TO VEG IT UP, YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED:)

Pros: EXCELLENT FOOD, HEALTHY FOOD, WONDERFUL STAFF

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Veg-it-up: