CLOSED: Veg Harvest Cafe

South Indian vegetarian restaurant. Featuring Indian "street food," dosai, thali, and Indochinese cuisine. Uses dairy, so vegans to ask. THIS LOCATION SHUT DOWN EARLY 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Indo-Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering
1021 W Ogden Ave
Naperville, Illinois 60563
630-579-9600

Open for lunch and dinner, closed Tue.

First Review by loki125
rocky_foodlover
rocky_foodlover

loved it

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2009

I have been to veg Indian Harvest before a week with my family for my dinner and i must say i enjoyed it. Food was good and so was the service. It was a great experience just like eating in India. The staff is really friendly. I was surprised that why is the place running slow, then i figured that there is less vegetarian community. While talking with the head server i came to know that they are staring buffet also. Cant wait.

Pros: good service, delicious food, friendly staff
loki125
loki125

Uses Dairy

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2009

I love Indian food. I love Indian culture. I wanted very badly to love this restaurant, but it is not vegan-friendly.
Is the food delicious? Yes, and all the food is technically vegetarian because Veg Harvest serves no meat. Are the staff friendly? Yes, they are exceedingly friendly (though slow), but the term "vegan-friendly" connotes an understanding and eagerness to accommodate us pestering, burdensome vegans who are either unwilling or unable to consume animal by-products of any kind.
The wait staff seemed willing to satisfy our requests; however, they proved unable to comprehend what we meant when we said that we didn't eat any dairy products. Or, maybe they just didn't take us seriously.
The staff continued bringing dairy products to our table (e.g., mint yogurt chutney), even though we had told them that we do not eat milk products of any kind, including cheese and butter. They mixed paneer (Indian cheese) into our food. I am not 100% certain whether any of the food contained ghee (clarified Indian butter); however, it seems likely. The fried food gave us terrible gas for many hours later.
This really made me sad, because Veg Harvest is one of the only outright vegetarian eateries in Naperville (and it's right around the corner from our home). Vegetarianism is not veganism, and Veg Harvest is definitely not vegan-friendly. Sorry.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, clean environment
Guest
Guest

The Indian Harvest, all vegetarian

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2008

It was great eating there!! we didn't know exactly where it was because it is actually called the indian harvest. The owner was really nice and helped us out a lot because we never have been there. But the food tasted SO delicious. I definently reccommend this if you want something different!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good prices, Delicious Food

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Veg Harvest Cafe: