Veg Food Stall - Samphantaw...

Food stall on a small side street of Thanon Charoen Krung, next to Check Inn Chinatown hotel. Look for the red & yellow "jay" flags (vegetarian). Everything on the menu (with pictures) is vegan, made with tofu, mock meat, noodle, and rice. Understands a little bit of English. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Thai, Fast food, Take-out
204-208 Soi Yaowarat 8, Charoen Krung Road Soi 14, Khet Samphantawongse (China Town)
Bangkok, Thailand 10110

Mon-Sun 8:00am-5:30pm

• Cash only

First Review by reissausta ja ruokaa

Yummy and cheap

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2015

I really liked this place. The food was simple, it wouldn't be considered amazing by the standards of living in China or Taiwan. But it was really tasty. I tried three entrees and liked them all. I'll definitely go back. Dishes were cheap, 30 or 40 baht. They didn't speak much English, but they did speak some Mandarin and I was able to get by. When I asked if I could order food to go, they said no.

reissausta ja ruokaa
reissausta ja ruokaa

Good looking menu, bad service

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2013

This restaurant was surprisingly easy to find. There were big yellow advertisement hanging by this street restaurant.

They had a menu and I tried to order a noodle soup. After I tried to order that I also tried to point some mock meat photos. Eventually I got only the mock meats, no noodle soup. I decided to continue walking around Yaowarat instead of going and asking for the soup. The person serving me did not smile at all and was bored. I got the feeling that I was not welcome.

I think I will visit this place because the menu seemed interesting, but I hope next time they will understand that I might want both soup and a mock meat portion.

Pros: cheap, feeling of street food
Cons: not too friendly customer service

Dear Owner and Manager of Veg Food Stall - Samphantawongse: