A teahouse that also serves light vegan and vegetarian food. Non smoking, relaxing atmosphere with books for reading. Address in Bulgarian: ул. Гладстон 2 (до ъгъла с Ботев) Price: Moderate more-less
Ulitsa Uilyam Gladston 2 (Corner Hristo Botev Blvd)
Sofia, Bulgaria
+359-882-108-108

First Review by dotaged
pupa
pupa

Great vibe

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

This spot is alright. I like the atmosphere and the calm and peaceful vibes, be prepared to immerse yourself into a spiritual Indian place. I really enjoyed the food there. All vegan dishes are marked and the diversity is great. I had the Satin quinoa entree and it was delicious. Great flavors and texture, but even for my taste i thought that the dish was a bit greasy. We also had the special of the day soup, which was mild but herbaceous. And both of the Kjftenca were mouthful and bringing very pleasant heat.
I have to say that it easily could have been an amazing place if it wasn't for the long wait. I mean lunch took over two hours. The staff seamed kinda disorganized and not very attentive. I would give them another try because after talking to some of the people, it was clear that this is not a regular thing.

Pros: Delicious food, Location
Cons: Slow service
Joanna Karatsaneva
Joanna Karatsaneva

Fantastic place to chill out on a great cup of tea

5 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2014

This small house in the city centre is a mixture of tea house,restaurant and cosy den with a bit religious vibe.

You can spend some quiet time chatting with friends on a great cup of tea. Choose from the amazing collection of more then 100 types of tea.

The menu is Ayurvedic (onion,garlic,mushrooms and eggs, excluded),mostly vegan,neatly marked.
Includes some vegetarian dishes,with milk or cheese.

They offer salads,soups,main course and desserts.

I had an amazingly delicious main course - Cauliflower with smoked tea and walnuts. Taste I'll never forget!

At the shop,you can buy some books,discs and tea accessories.
Sometimes they organize lectures and kirtans.

Prices are moderate.

Cute add is the tree outside - if you feel in love, you can show it with your own padlock:)

Definitely, a place to visit!
Enjoy

P.S.
Better make a reservation.
For dinner,it could be very busy.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent collection of tea, Awesome veg food
Cons: Use of dairy products
veggieriga
veggieriga

Great tea

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

I enjoyed a very good pot of genmaicha. Unfortunately I had already eaten so I didn't have any room to try the food. There was an upstairs area with cushions, but I sat in the downstairs area. It was nice, but there appeared to be somewhat of a draft and I felt a little cold.

Pros: Excellent tea
TheHolyV
TheHolyV

Great restaurant and tea house: to be tried!

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Veda House is the best vegetarian place I visited while in Sofia (out of 4). The venue is split into 3 areas, with tables for a conventional sitting, a low table setting and an entire area where you just lounge on carpets and pillows: beautiful and VERY atmospheric with Indian lanterns hanging from the ceiling and organic-looking fabrics everywhere.

The food has plenty of vegan options and most of them are rather creative: the buckwheat croquettes were religious and crisp, while the balls with peppers were a lot more moist. The salad is tastefully piled and it is super fresh, without much repetition in ingredients which you often find in other places (serving everything with lettuce, carrots and potatoes).

The soup was room temperature and nice, the Sunmoon bread just delicious. I was very happy with the experience and it is the kind of place where you can end up lounging forever in the afternoon thanks to the free wifi.

The tea selection was also really good even for those like me staying clear of real tea and roiboos: I had a lovely fruit infusion.

Prices are ok: not the cheapest in town but great for what they offer. Highly recommended.

Pros: Great selection of food and teas, Fantastic environment, Utterly lovely staff
Cons: It can get very busy
Tessparker
Tessparker

My cup of tea

5 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

Fantastic selection of teas and little sweet snacks, including vegan options (though they dont have soy milk). Make sure you go with a lot of time aside because it takes a loooong time to decide on which delicious choice to drink. The service is good and the prices are moderate (based on the euroscale they are super good for the quality).
They have English menus, and very friendly staff.

Pros: Selection, Good service, Price

alnair
alnair

perfect place to chill out

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2012

If you like tea, Veda House will be your favorite place in Sofia. There's a really nice chilling atmosphere and their selections of teas and herbal teas is amazing.
They also have some nice dishes and a fair share of them is vegan. Only one of their desserts is dairy-free but it was amazingly tasty!
The very friendly waiter spoke perfect English and they also have English menus.

Pros: very chilling atmosphere, vast selection of teas, smoke-free!
Cons: not a lot of vegan desserts, a bit expensive
dotaged
dotaged

really nice place :)

5 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2011

When I want to relax and get away from my nerves and stress, Veda house is the place. They have amazing variety of teas- all of them really good, and also delicious food. Though I am a smoker, it's nice to be at a smoke-free area for a change.

Dear Owner and Manager of Veda House - Sofia: