CLOSED: Veda House

This is another branch of the same Veda House in Sofia. Address: ул. Г. Бенковски 50 (в Капана). Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Georgy Benkovsky str. 50 (Kapana)
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
+359-32-622760

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by chashendrick4
lizziepb
lizziepb

A lovely spot for vegetarian food in Plovdiv!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2011

I was sorry to see that the only other person who has reviewed Veda House disliked it so, because I believe it is a lovely, lovely spot with very good food and drinks. I suspect the reason the previous reviewer felt out of place is that in this cozy establishment Bulgarian is the only language spoken, so it is difficult to feel connected to the staff. I had the food fortune of being brought here by Bulgarians who had a warm relationship with the most helpful staff. I agree that the food is not all that extraordinarily innovative, but I thought the meals I had there were quite good, made fresh for each diner, using the best ingredients. I would highly recommend this calm spot, and hope that those non-Bulgarian speakers who visit will either bring somebody along who speaks the language or do their best with their own language deficiencies. (The restaurant has one English-language menu available.)

Pros: calm oasis, fresh, quality ingredients, extraordinary tea selection
Cons: only Bulgarian spoken, chalenging to find
chashendrick4
chashendrick4

Good Tea Selection, But Food Was Average

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2011

Food did not seem to be the strong point here. I ordered a pizza & the dough was trying to be classy, but it was obviously of the freezer variety. It was also very small and soggy. The hummous starter salad was good, but not great. Service was not really friendly, but adequate. I felt like they wanted us to leave so they could continue surfing the web. If tea is your thing, they seemed to have quite a huge selection. It's more of a tea house than a restaurant. Overall I was unhappy as it wasn't cheap and the waitress seemed bored. Also my stomach hurt afterwards.

Pros: Good Tea Selection
Cons: service, uninspired, pricey
  • GerganaDimitrova GerganaDimitrova

I'm sorry to hear that information about Veda House. We do not serve food "from the freezer", but it seems like we could not manage to make a good pizza. I would like to assure you that we have changed the recipe for the pizza and now we have several choices. Although, pizza is not our strongest side. We have a lot of other healthy dishes. I can say that we have enough dishes to be a restaurant also, not only tea house. I'm sorry we have disappointed you so much, we'll try to make things better. Thank you for the opinion!
    Gergana Dimitrova (manager)