For full functionality of this page it is necessary to enable JavaScript. Here are the instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser

Vatica Indian Restaurant

Vegetarian Indian restaurant. The server brings you what is being offered for the day, typically a vegetable stew, dahl (lentils), soup, rice, naan bread, a variety of nice sauces. Re-fills are offered through the meal. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by audrey
erinbeth
erinbeth
  • non-vegetarian

Special!

5 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2012

This place is great. Everyday, they have a slightly different menu plan. There is also NO MENU (which I think adds to the uniqueness of the place). They bring you a plate that has a variety of dishes on it and it is the perfect balance of spicy and cooling. It really feels like you are in someone's home having a meal. The owner is such a goof ball and a very nice man! If you're looking for a place where they pay close attention to the flavors in their dishes, and you are sick of the heavy salted, overpriced, pretentious Atlanta area restaurants, this is a great place to try! I am a foodie...I would know :)

Pros: Good, home made food!, Well priced, Great service
JaSharma
JaSharma

My favorite Indian restaurant

4 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2012

This is one of my family favorite. When we're craving for Indian food, we go to this restaurant and never be disappointed. Besides Thali, we like Samosa, which is really crispy, yummy but not oily at all. Oh! Mango lasssi is good too.

hpatelmd
hpatelmd

The best Gujarati food (after my Mum's)

5 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2010

The review from kennyp353 should note that this is NOT South Indian food, but from North-West India.

Please read the web-site, clearly states traditional Gujarati Thali style food being served. This is as close to home cooking as I've ever had in ANY restaurant! Fabulous service, attentive, plenty of refills. The Roti is hot, fresh off the stove, not butter or ghee coated, the shaaks (vegetables) are fresh tasting, cooked just right, very flavorful, & NOT at all oily or greasy. The lentils, papads, & raita were all autentically done. The Gulab Jamun was soft & tender.
The only thing I would say is that some may find the heat (spice) level on the mild side, but this is easily augemnted by the spicy condiments, chutneys or chilies.

Pros: Authentically cooked & served, Fresh tasting, Refills on the veg, Rotis, Rice,
Cons: Some may find food on mild side

Juliette83
Juliette83

Interesting but just for a one time trip

2 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

I'm glad I tried the food here but I won't return except, maybe, to get something from their bakery area. I'm a foodie and love a variety of textures and colors but most of the food was creamy, kinda creamy, soupy, and mostly in the hues of browns, creams, and greens. It just wasn't balanced enough. With that said, the place was really interesting- especially the serving style.

Pros: Friendly Staff, All You Can Eat, Excellent Bakery Area
Cons: Bland food, Poor selection, Inability to serve onself
kennyp353
kennyp353

Just OK

3 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2008

Pretty average south Indian fare, no flair or originality and not worth a special trip unless you're stuck for options. Served as a thali, and then a guy comes to refresh any items as much as you like. Not bad value for $11. Curries weren't really spicy, although this is common from the south. On the plus side, the dessert was one of the best gulab jamuns I have had, well worth the extra $1.75, and service was friendly.

Pros: quick service, exceptional gulab jamun, friendly
Cons: bland, unoriginal
audrey
audrey

Great food!

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2008

We used to go here all the time for great tasting Indian food that was all vegetarian. The people who run the place are very friendly. I miss it a lot. We rarely go these days because it is all you can eat and we don't care to stuff ourselves. We like taking the leftovers home. But if you are looking for a delicious meal, this is the place to go.

Pros: great people, great food
Cons: all you can eat

Dear Owner and Manager of Vatica Indian Restaurant: