A neighborhood health food store that's been in business since early 1990s. Very vegetarian and vegan friendly. While the store is small-moderate in size, it is well-stocked. more-less
999 Valencia St (corner of 21st, Mission District)
San Francisco, California 94110
415-285-0231
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Chia
bianchina
bianchina

Lots of vegan products in a small store

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

I visited 4 health stores like this one in San Fransisco, and while this one was good, it was my least favorite of the 4. You could find pretty much everything you could want in there as a vegan, but it was the most expensive of the stores I visited, so I would only shop there on those occasions when you just need to quickly grab one thing. Also the fruit and veg selection wasn't great. I thought some of the other small stores in the area were better.

Pros: Chairs outside to enjoy your juice , To go snacks and drinks, Frozen/fridge vegan products
Cons: Prices higher than elsewere
Chia
Chia

Good Vibes

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

On a recent trip to San Francisco I came across this place while eating and checking out nearby vegetarian restaurants. What a pleasant surprise, a great find. Here's my Valencia Whole Foods review.

The store is at the corner of Valencia and 21st, and the woman who worked there told me it's been in business for 20 years. The store is a good size, and it's very well stocked with a wide range of food and products.

I was pleased to see that the salad bar is all veg (did not see any meat). There is meat in a frozen/chill case, otherwise, everything else seemed to be vegan and/or vegetarian. Great fresh produce section, all organic.

Laid back, positive vibes.

Dear Owner and Manager of Valencia Whole Foods: