Vaishnu Express Cafe

Vallejo's first Indian vegetarian restaurant. Offers South Indian snacks. Located next to the donuts shop. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Good Indian street food

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2015

This is the only vegetarian joint anywhere near Napa. For this, alone, they deserve 4 stars. This place is bare bones, no frills, Indian street food. They have a very simple menu with many vegan options (not indicated). The woman that took my order, circled all of the vegan menu items for me. Some of the sweets were vegan, also.

The food that I had was fresh and flavorful. I started with a samosa chat and then had chana saag and roti. Service was quick, the food was fresh, hot and flavorful.

The prices are very reasonable.

vaishnu express cafe

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

Tried it. Food was just okay, nothing special.
Though, the samosas are best.
The sweets are not very good. They tasted stale and unfresh.
The inside looks a bit depressing, like an empty building with nothing but a few tables and chairs with the counter and sweets display.
tad bit pricey, I bought two specials and a couple pieces of their sweets(75cents each) should be 25cents, ran me about 22 bucks including tip.

I guess its worth a try if your in Vallejo.

Pros: fair size portions, okay value, nice background music
Cons: uninviting theme

Dear Owner and Manager of Vaishnu Express Cafe: