Vegan cafe, lifestyle and record store in the Northern Quarter. Offers sandwiches during the week, and specials at the weekend. All day breakfast on Sunday. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Western

First Review by CottageCupcakeCo

amazing!!

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

Friendly service, good if you feel like having some junk food, fast service even when it's busy, nice variety and products to take home. Went there twice in one weekend in Manchester.

Pros: vegan, yummy, friendly
Cons: small venue

VEGAN JUNK FOOD

5 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

Every time I have been in V Revolution there has always been at least one ridiculously good massive vegan cake on the counter from which I HAVE to have a slice. Last time I was there I had this huge chocolate orange cake it was well good. It's good here because you can get a good vegan lunch (try one of their massive burgers) and hang out drinking coffee, and then you can buy some more vegan supplies to take home for your dinner that night.

Pros: sell vegusto cheese and other nice stuff, CAKES R INSANE, coffee is greattttt

Hidden Gem!!

4 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

Visited for the first time a couple of weeks ago and sampled the 'Hamdog', which was delicious.
This is proper fast food in a friendly environment with the added bonus of them selling vegan products too.
Will definitely be going back soon.

Pros: Delicious fast food options, Cakes on sale too!, Vegan products for sale

Good that it's here but nothing special

3 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

We came here for a late lunch after arriving in Manchester and were lucky enough to be staying just around the corner. I was a little bit disappointed when we got there that the menu was a bit limited, with only mock meat (and cheese)-based fast food items. Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy a (decent) bit of fake beef or what-have-you every now and then and as a vegan, I like to participate in consuming fast food sometimes for a sense of inclusion, of not missing out on simple pleasures. But really, I don't know what the big deal about this place is. My Chicken Royale with 'bacon' and extra 'cheese' was perfectly satisfying, as was my partner's Mini Mac, but nothing at all I hadn't tasted before. I'll avoid being too negative and say that it's good to have a vegan popular/fast food outlet in the heart of hipster Manchester, and it's not too expensive. More like snack food than meal food though. It has a funky cafe atmosphere and sells vegan products to take home. I think this would be a place I'd keep coming to because it's an easy option.

Pros: Making vegan popular/fast food available, Reasonably priced
Cons: Small menu

worth a visit!

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

I had only one day in Manchester so I had to pinpoint my vegan spots carefully. This place was my first visit of the day and I loved it! Though they could serve me the grilled cheese sandwich, I was completely satisfied with the hotdog and the Plougman's sandwich they had in the cooling section. OMG! That sandwich. I still dream about it every day.

Another huge plus to the place, the lovely vegan food they sell in there. Vegusto cheese, all kinds of sausages, hotdogs, chocolate...all things junk food for us to enjoy at home. Will definitely be back to try out the burger!

Pros: all vegan junk food, Diner feel to the place, location
Cons: some items might not be available

Best Vegan Burger Bar EVER

5 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

Title says it all.

They only improvements would be if it was possible to make more of a meal out of it with sides like fries or salads...

Also would be nice if they served beer, but I can live without it.

Pros: good value, delicious food, nice people

authentic

4 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

I ate here last year but forgot to review. Burgers - check. Obscure soy milks - check. Diner look and feel - check. Record store - check. All vegan and straightedge - double check!!

Pros: quirky, authentic, straightedge
Cons: all junkfood

superb junk food

5 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2014

It is unashamedly junk food, but vegan. Fantastic selection of elements for that authentic mouth feel - they've put some serious research into this. Great specials too, the blue-cheesy Heisenburger is a winner!

Nice selection of drinks and fresh vegan products. It's like a vegan meat counter of tofu.

Heavy metal and herbivores. Go!

Pros: specials, really really good junk food, wifi, and friendly staff
Cons: no fries!

Oldham Road Return

4 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

Felt quite nostalgic for the late Cafe Pop as I walked down Oldham Road. Anyway the VRev is pretty much fast food vege burgers, vege chicken burgers and vege hot dogs just the job for a change but definitely not healthy eating. Would certainly go again.

Pros: Friendly staff, 3 reasons to visit

Makes A Change

3 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

Whilst I think its good to have variety in vegan places to eat, V-Revolution really does take its junk food ethos seriously. I went here with a meat-eating friend and she loved it, I however felt ill after my burger. It was very unhealthy, greasy and salty and sugary, so don't eat here if your body can't cope with unhealthy food! It also focused on meat-alternatives (great for non-veg friend) but if you don't like that sort of thing you may be uncomfortable.

Overall it is good at what it does, is cheap, but not my taste.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Unhealthy, But Doesn't Want To be Healthy Anyway!

TOTALLY VEGAN!

5 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2013

Great little place. Nice 50s diner style decor, great vegan junk food, friendly helpful staff.
Fridges and shelves stocked with drinks, mock meats, vegan cheeses, snacks, as well as fresh cakes and good quality herbal teas.
They have some vegan events here like potlucks.

Pros: comfortable and friendly, clean, unique

A delicious diner

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

V-revolution sells the most divine sandwiches. The recently consolidated menu is also a real treat for vegans - not a hummas and falafel wrap in sight! The BBBQ burger is a treat and the hotdogs very tasty. The range of vegan products is focused on the hard to obtain end of the scale which is helpful. A friendly, welcome addition to the Manchester vegan food outlet offering which I visit often.

Pros: interesting vegan food, Very tasty, Innovative
Cons: The BBQ sauce is quiet sweet

Hooray

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

I loved this place! The people were friendly, the food was yum and there was fake meat galore. Highly recommend it!

Pros: vegan fast food, Delicious , Friendly
Cons: outside sitting area not nice, small portions

This place is going somewhere, but where?

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

Firstly, I need to clarify. I really like the idea behind V Revolution. This is not just one business, it's three! There's the punk/hardcore metal record shop; the vegan food store; and then, the main event, a kitsch American style diner serving American style junk food that is definitely not junk!
The food is worth the trip alone and it makes a nice change to be eating vegan food in a cafe that doesn't live up to the usual vegetarian/vegan venue cliche.
Red vinyl seats and a chequerboard vinyl floor set the scene and make for a clean, crisp atmosphere. The staff are laid back and friendly and, as it's nice to have an excuse to browse the records, the slightly longer wait for our food wasn't a problem.
Despite this there is a bit of an issue at V revolution. The three businesses each suffer from not having the full focus of the space. The record shop feels like a little bit of an after-thought and the food store also suffers a similar fate.
I really believe in what the owner is trying to achieve here. V Revolution has the potential to be a real destination, a venue for vegan/vegetarian punks wishing to compare notes and have a bite to eat whilst they do it, but there is need to unify the space and make it feel like all three parts are living in harmony.

Pros: Not the usual vegan menu, Reasonably priced, great range of soft drinks
Cons: not focussed enough

cool place to hang out

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

Unfortunately the burger was sold out when I went there on my last day in Manchester. I think this can only be a good sign. But I had a drink in the extraordinary place with great atmosphere and very nice staff! Enjoyed it a lot!

Pros: cool place to hang out, great atmosphere and music, friendly staff

Much Needed And Innovative

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

V Revolution is decorated in classic cafe style with a punk / straight edge vibe, thus different from the "healthy" or "hippy" norms. It's important and marvellous to have this sector represented in Manchester business.

To my delight they celebrate what I call "vegan gack" - junk food which is proud to not fit to the vegan stereotype.

At time of writing it's bigger function is as a shop with a good range of products which are often very hard to find elsewhere. They also sell vinyl records and clothing.
It's clearly got potential to be a hang out for activists.

Easy to find, a 5 minute walk from Picadilly Gardens. It is still developing as a business and I haven't eaten there. To be honest I haven't even glanced at the menu, which is why I aint commented on food in the Pro / Cons yet. Will edit when I do. Certainly they do sandwiches and the like. They have just started doing "proper" food on a Sunday.

Pros: A cultural/political 1st for the city., Friendly, sincere staff., Good variety of foods in the shop.
Cons: Still developing hot food provision.

punk food

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

This place is pure quality. The food is kind of junk food like, but really nice. Loads of fake meats, fake cheese and that sort of thing. Maybe not for your vegan health obsessives.

Sells loads of vegan cheeses meats and things at the shop and the place also serves a lot of these up in great burgers, cheese toasties and sandwiches. Also has some great soft drinks you don't find much elsewhere.

Also sells hardcore/metal/punk records and shirts, if you're into that sort of thing.

Pros: quality food, punk as fuck

Highly recommended

5 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2013

As Stevie has mentioned it is different to the usual veg*n stores but this is completely a positive. The sandwiches they make and sell here are always really tasty and usually there are a few different kinds. For a vegan there is nowhere in Manchester city centre to get that range of choice and at £3 they are great value as well.

Another thing I love about this place is that it isn't 100% health-food orientated, it knowingly serves some 'vegan junk'. For a vegan who eats well but often fancies something indulgent their specials are really great, which have included huge burgers and full vegan breakfasts.

Finally, the people who run the place are really welcoming and there is a great relaxed atmosphere.

Pros: Great hand-made sandwiches, Good value, It's a record store too

Vrevolution, Manchester

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

I went to this place on Saturday. It wasn't the optimum time to make an assessment of what its typically like here as there was a free vegan food event taking place.

The place is quite unusual, not like anywhere I can think I have been to. Its all vegan and has 3 different elements to it.

1) there is a cafe selling coffee, cakes etc and a bunch of other snacky type foods from the shelves such as confectionary bars

2) there's a health food shop element with a fridge and a freezer where you can buy food to take away to prepare at home

3) they sell records and tshirts

Its not a particularly big place and tries to be a little bit of all 3 of these entities rather than looking to be stunning as one of these entities in particular. I personally like it. The atmosphere is relaxed, the vibe was nice, its obviously all vegan food and drink. Its a nice place to chill out and have a munch.

Location is around a 5 min walk from Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester city centre.

Pros: 100% vegan, relaxed, central

M/C's first and best vegan lifestyle store!

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

V Revolution is a revolution indeed - a vegan lifestyle and record store in Manchester's Northern Quarter seeing to all your vegan needs! Chilled and frozen grocery items, fresh cakes, drinks, staple items and more. Excellent - I hope it just gets bigger and better!

Dear Owner and Manager of V Revolution: