Usha's Indian Vegetarian

as4680
as4680

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER, THIS IS A RIPOFF

2 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

Please do not waste your time here. ordered food through just eat , which arrived late and the order was incomplete , called up the restaurant and the lady promised to send the remaining items asap , which never came .

Food delivered tasted like shit , being an Indian , I can tell that this was the worst veg food I had had ever.

Do yourself a favour , refrain from visiting this place if your are looking for a decent curry

Pros: NONE , NONE , NONE
Cons: Food quality, Food taste , Customer care
Livinglost
Livinglost

Not sure about this

3 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

We went here expecting wonderful things. The place looked great and they had a decent menu for vegans.

We asked about the food, as someone else mentioned it is in small portions and it wasn't clear to us how much we needed to count as a meal. We ordered a mixture of starters and mains (4 as was recommended), each dish around £5.

It came out and I couldn't believe how small some it was, I left hungry I'll be honest, but I am a little greedy. We ordered a couple of things that I didn't really like, but that is just my taste, I had thought they'd be different as that is what I had eaten in other establishments, but upon looking it up actually know something that looks like a burger in a bread roll is how it is supposed to be, and a dhosa is a big stodgy pancake. I had another dish that we did actually complain about as it just was horrid and they kindly took it from our bill.

We had ordered popadoms and asked them to come before everything else but they all came together so our hot food sat while we ate them. The waiter didn't know what our dishes were, my partner is omni but luckily the non-vegan items he ordered were obvious, otherwise I would have had to ask for someone else.

It all hopefully will get better, but the food wasn't to my taste, I'm not saying it was bad (other than the one dish we didn't pay for) it just wasn't for me. I wouldn't go back to a non-veggie restaurant I didn't enjoy so it's doubtful I will return to this one, but if someone is interested in trying it I don't think they should be put off.

Pros: looks pretty, good vegan selection
Cons: the chinese tofu
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Slow but nice food

3 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

I really wish that I could give Usha's a higher rating as their food was really very good (plus around 2/3-3/4 of the menu is marked vegan or vegan option available) and their staff were very nice and helpful, but the incredibly slow service really let them down, especially considering there seemed to be a lot of staff working and relatively few customers eating. As an example, it took nearly an hour for our starters to arrive! This was partly due to the fact that they took a very long time to come and take our order once we were seated, but even after then it was still a long time before any food arrived. As others have mentioned, the main dishes also come in very small portions, more like tapas style dishes than full main courses, and unfortunately the price does not reflect this. It's a lovely space and a great concept with good food, but unless the service and speed of the kitchen improves dramatically in the near future, I wouldn't put money on this place staying open long.

Pros: Lovely space and atmosphere, Nice food, lots of vegan options, Friendly staff
Cons: Unbelievably slow service, Expensive for small main course portions
MuK-UK
MuK-UK

Teething Troubles?

3 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

On the positive side, the menu is extensive with vegan and gluten free options clearly marked.
The food we had was really good, but my main course was probably a smaller portion size than my starter. The naan I had was excellent.

The staff were all very friendly and pleasant. However my partner's main course arrived with our starters despite being asked if we wanted it all together or as separate courses and choosing the latter. It was not until a good 15 minutes after my partner had finshed all her food that my main course showed up. There were several other niggles that I would put down to inexperienced staff that had an overall negative effect on the experience.

Still, certainly worth a visit and we will come back again.

Pros: Good food, Nice environment, Friendly
Cons: Left hungry, Inept service
arthursgrub
arthursgrub

Bland

2 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

Hopefully since this place is just started up it's finding its feet as the food is pretty bland for the Glasgow palate. Glasgow has hundreds of indian outlets and ushas won't survive like this.

Pros: Veggie , Location , Staff
Cons: Bland

craigmc
craigmc

another decent option in Glasgow.

3 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

You can see some money has been spent on the new Usha and it looks fabulous. They have even made an option for private dining upstairs.

The menu has plenty of options for vegans and is a mixture of small plates and sharing dishes. You can find all your Indian favourites here as well as some Indochinese dishes and a good selection of tandoori dishes. Everything I had was good, however it was letvdown by a few issues which I think can be put down to it just having opened.

The proprietor explained the menu will be developed and become larger quickly and may change in style.

I look forward to visiting in the near future and I'm sure Usha will get better and better. Its been over twenty yearz since Glasgow has had a veggie Indian, and Usha want to be regarded as highly as kalpna and bindi in Edinburgh, which are a good level to aim for.

Pros: location, large choice, great decor
Cons: inexperienced staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Usha's Indian Vegetarian: