Indian cuisines from the North, South, and West Indian regions, as well as chaat. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering
2629 W Devon Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60659

Mon 11:30am-9:30pm, Wed-Thu 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:30pm, Sun 11:30am-9:30pm

First Review by SynthVegan

Vegetarian Indian Diner

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2015

We visited this restaurant around 8 on a Friday night and found that it was about half full. They do take-out and delivery, and at first it was a little unclear whether there was a wait person or we should order at the counter, but they do have regular table service, though it wasn't the most attentive. The menu is large and reasonably priced, and the dishes are more or less the same as the vegetarian options you would expect at other Indian restaurants in Chicago. The restaurant is also BYOB, so that makes it even more reasonably-priced, if you like to have wine or beer. The food, however, wasn't as good as I'm used to getting from my favorite Indian restaurants. There wasn't anything wrong with it--except for a too-pithy piece of okra--but it just wasn't as tasty. Eventually, I'd like to try all the vegetarian Indian restaurants on Devon, but I haven't been to any of the others yet, and so I can't compare. I did really like that Uru Swati is completely vegetarian, but I think it has some room for improvement.

Pros: BYOB, Low prices
Cons: Inattentive service, Mediocre food

One of the best on Devon!

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2009

My boyfriend and I were on our way to try one of the various Indian restaurants on Devon, but before we got to the restaurant we went there for, we came across Uru-Swati. There was a big sign that said 100% pure vegetarian, it was really nice looking so we chose to go there instead.

We made a great decision because the food was so amazing! They even listened to me when I asked for it Indian spicy. We really liked the decor and felt that it was more inviting than some of the other places (on Devon) that we had been to. We got an appetizer, two entrees, and naan; I was shocked to see that our bill was only $21! Wow! This is now among my top Indian places to eat at on Devon.

Pros: 100% Veg!

Dear Owner and Manager of Uru-Swati: