Urth Caffe - West Hollywood

Serves meat, veg options available. Several locations in LA. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, organic coffees and teas. Plenty choices for vegetarians but very limited vegan food though there is usually a vegan chocolate cake on offer. Casual, trendy, urban atmosphere. Open daily. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Non-veg
8565 Melrose Ave (btwn Robertson and La Cienega)
West Hollywood, California 90069
310-659-0628

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gr8vegan
Chia
Chia

Urth Caffe on Melrose

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

This Urth Caffe location is just next door to the famous Bodhi Tree book and spiritual gifts and things shop (soon to close, unfortunately). I've been here just once in all the times I've come to the area, here's my review for happycow.

Basically same menu as the other Urth Caffes in the greater LA area. Plenty ovo-lacto vegetarian meal options with a just couple vegan ones. It's a trendy place, and there is a small area in front of the restaurant for seating. I like the organic coffee drinks. The desserts are look attractive but are too sweet for my taste -- usually vegan cookies on offer and sometimes a vegan chocolate cake (very sweet). During the holidays, you can order a vegan pumpkin pie.

It's a very popular place that's always packed.

PS. You can get an incredible cappucino at Urth Caffe (with soymilk is extra $0.50, ask for "dolce" style).

Pros: best dolce cappucino
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Urth Caffe

2 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

My bf really likes Urth and stops here during his frequent business trips while in town. During our latest visit he decided to drag me here since we were near by. I honestly don't care too much for Urth because they lack vegan options. Needless to say, I just had heirloom potatoes, they were OK. In the past I've had smoothies at other locations which I remember were good. I wouldn't go here on my own, but if I had to I'd make it work (like this last time).

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Place to be seen

2 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

I wish they offered more vegan items, but sitting outside with a nice soy or almond milk ice blended tea on a hot day and watching for celebs on Melrose is a popular thing to do!

Pros: soy and almond milk
Cons: few vegan items

Dear Owner and Manager of Urth Caffe - West Hollywood: