Urth Caffe - Downtown Los...

Serves meat, veg options available. Several locations in LA. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, organic coffees and teas. Plenty choices for vegetarians but very limited vegan food though there is usually a vegan chocolate cake on offer. Casual, trendy, urban atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Non-veg
451 S Hewitt St (5th, Arts District of downtown)
Los Angeles, California 90013
213-797-4534

Open daily.

First Review by Jenoe
VeganMarr
VeganMarr

Great coffee but no vegan food I like

2 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2013

Once or twice Yrs ago they made me a great vegggie sandwhich on sourdough but when I tried it again it was disappointing. The vegan cake is way too dense. Pls stop calling the vegan choc chip cookie the World's Best, it is far, far from that. I admire their consciousness in the coffee dept, but to be really conscious, it ought to carry thru on the menu, there ought to be LOTS of vegan options, and there aren't. But nice decor & concept.

Pros: organic, fair trade coffee, nice atmosphere, efficient staff, good mgmt
Cons: next to no vegan options, the options they have are poor, vegan desserts are poor
Roethke
Roethke

Pretty ok

3 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2011

Pretty good, though few vegan options in the way of food. The one sandwich that could be vegan was tasty, and the cookie was ok. The service was great, and I like the ambiance, so vegans, consider this place for hanging out and having coffee, but maybe go somewhere else to eat.

Jenoe
Jenoe

Great Food, Counter-Order and waiter delivered

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2009

I went the Urth Caffe on Melrose Avenue while on vacation. This is a great little place with really tasty food. I ordered the mediterranean plate with "grilled artichokes, feta cheese, grape leaves, hummus, tabouli, roasted peppers and mixed olives garnished with mint, basil and pure olive oil served with pita bread" We had to wait in a line to order our food, and luckily the wait staff found us an available table out on the sidewalk. The wait staff also delivered our drinks and food and were there to get anything else if necessary. It was packed with a lunchtime crowd on a weekday and we ended up sitting pretty close to other diners, but really worth it. Here is a link to the menu: http://www.sporq.com/westhollywood/urthcaffe/8565melroseave?view=zoom

Pros: Great vegetarian Food
Cons: narrow seating arrangments

Dear Owner and Manager of Urth Caffe - Downtown Los Angeles: