Urth Caffe - Beverly Hills

Serves meat, veg options available. Several locations in LA. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, organic coffees and teas. Plenty choices for vegetarians but very limited vegan food though there is usually a vegan chocolate cake on offer. Casual, trendy, urban atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Non-veg
267 S Beverly Dr (/between Wilshire and Olympic)
Beverly Hills, California 90212
310-205-9311

First Review by gr8vegan
Chia
Chia

Yummy Soy Cappucino

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Urth Caffe review.

Came here for lunch on a day when it was packed from wall to wall. The restaurant is built like a house, complete with a porch, short set of stairs up to the front door, and patio to one side with outdoor seating.

Seemed like a very popular place with the locals. The menu is very vegetarian friendly but vegan options are limited, though you could ask for alterations.

The soups menu indicated which ones were vegan by "V," and today, there were 4 vegan soups and only 1 non-vegan.

The main reason I came here was to get their soy cappucino. Urth Caffe makes one of the best tasting soy caps I've had. Their fresh baked goods case is quite enticing, though nothing is vegan except for a vegan cookie.

The service is quick and the staff friendly.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

More options if you're vegetarian...

3 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2011

Urth is a pretty neat café, however, I really wish they had more vegan options. That said, I feel this place is better suited for vegetarians.

I was in health mode so I went with their mixed greens salad - it was good. My bf got a tiramisu cake and really enjoyed it. I went without dessert as I remember disliking the vegan chocolate chip cookies in the past. If I had to go back again, I'd probably order a (decaf) coffee and salad.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

I'm all Urthed out...

2 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2010

I hate to write a bad review for any place that tries pretty hard, but Urth Cafe's vegan options continue to disappoint. My recent trip to this location marks the last time I'll probably ever eat the place. The amount of sugar and caffeine in the drinks is just out of control. I got about 1/4 the way into a Thai Iced Teaser and threw it in the trash exclaiming "why am I doing this to myself". Their "worlds best vegan cookies" are perhaps the worst vegan cookies in the world, dry and nasty. They really make anyone who tries them think all vegan stuff is horrible. They've recently added some more vegan desserts, but I shudder to try them. As for regular vegan food, the last time I tried to eat there they told me their soy cheese was vegan and after a bite I realized it wasn't. Its a hip spot, a place to be seen, but aside from that they need a severe lesson in veganism. Shouldn't be listed on happycow

Pros: trendy
Cons: bad vegan food, worst cookies, too much sugar

Dear Owner and Manager of Urth Caffe - Beverly Hills: