Urban Vegan - Lincoln Park

Opened summer 2012, this is a vegan restaurant that serves Thai food. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Thai, Take-out, Delivery

tesschallis
tesschallis

Vegan Thai Food Heaven

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2015

Pretty much my favorite spot for Thai food anywhere. Urban Vegan serves up reasonably priced and consistently DELICIOUS Thai food.

Their papaya salad is amazing, and we also like their vegan chicken nuggets (you need a little decadence now and then), and their curries. I love that you also get miso soup as a complimentary starter.

Oh, and they serve kombucha. Case closed.

Pros: deliciousness of epic proportions, they serve brown rice & kombucha, priced reasonably
Cons: too far away from me , not organic, they won't let me live there
jbglidd
jbglidd

Great thai food, extensive vegan menu

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2015

huge selection of thai staples and new items I've never seen before at non vegan Thai places. the service is quick and courteous and the portions generous. The Tom yum soup is probably the best I've ever had, highly recommend!

makemenervous
makemenervous

Urban Vegan

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2015

This place is incredible! Everything is 100% vegan and the lunch and dinner specials are the best - lunch $10 / dinner $12 for your choice of 16 meals, with brown rice, small salad, two spring rolls, and miso if you eat-in.

My favorites include any of the curries and the spicy noodles. The pad thai was disappointingly mediocre here, but lucky for me that's not what I normally order anyway.

The tempura is great (and huge!), we had to do a double take with the imitation shrimp because it looked pretty legit. The other mock meats are tasty as well. You can't go wrong with any of the dumplings, but the red chili ones are my favorite.

I still need to explore more of the menu, but this is definitely one of my go-to spots. Ordering the specials for delivery is rough though because it's a bunch of styrofoam and plastic containers stacked everywhere so I eat-in when possible.

Pros: lunch & dinner specials, 100% vegan, thai curries
Cons: excessive carry-out packaging

Star the magic vegan
Star the magic vegan

The very best downtown vegan restaurant

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

This is my favorite downtown vegan restaurant for NOGO (No garlic or onion) upon request.The entire menu can be done NOGO. I loved everything I tried. I especially liked the Tom Yum soup, the freshy role, chicken satay and the tempura. This place has real tasty food and I ate there a lot on my last trip to Chicago. You can get there by train and bus. It is a true oasis of great eating in the windy city.

Pros: Taste of food, Service, transit access
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Very Tasty Thai

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

I love Urban Vegan. I like the people, I like the menu, and I like the food. I crave their Freshie Rolls. So good. This is the second of their two locations. This is the larger of the two locations, but it is still rather small. Parking is generally easy, right outside the door, with no meters. The service is quick, the people are friendly, and the food never disappoints.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Easy Parking, Fair prices
AmiP
AmiP

Love Urban Vegan!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

This is our happy place when we are craving Thai! We love everything we have ordered here. My favorite is the spicy basil noodles with soy chicken, and my husband loves the orange chicken. We have taken several non-vegetarians here and they love it too. Both locations are great, but we frequent this one as it is slightly closer to us (we are downtown).

Pros: Choice of faux meats, Friendly service, Great selection!
Cons: Small space
phatykoko
phatykoko

Convenient, but only OK

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

The Pad Thai lunch special tasted like it was prepackaged. Not much depth to the flavor, overall mediocre. She had the Pad See-we and it was better. Good flavor, good texture, but short on veggies. Overall, it was ok, but I wouldn't drive out of my way to eat there again.

Pros: location, menu variety
Cons: flavor, quality, price
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Urban Vegan

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2012

This new location is quite small, much like the Montrose location, but the food was pretty good. I ordered the yellow curry with seitan and was quite pleased with the flavoring although they didn't make it as spicy as I had asked. I didn't much care for the "freshy rolls", but everything else was good. I'll certainly go back.

Dear Owner and Manager of Urban Vegan - Lincoln Park: