Urban Herbivore - Eaton Centre

Sandwiches, salads, baked goods and fresh juices. Its 3hird location in Toronto. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Canadian, Western, Juice bar, Take-out
220 Yonge St (Eaton Centre North Food Court)
Toronto, Ontario M5T
416-927-1231

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Ken4057
bananah6
bananah6

So good!

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

They had lots of vegan options like tofu sandwiches and their fresh pressed fruit and veggie juices were delicious! Also a plus, all their packaging and cups are eco-friendly! :)

Pros: Fast, Lots of options, Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive
Vegan_food_lover
Vegan_food_lover

Awesome food!

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

Hi Everyone!
I was roaming around at the Eaton Centre food court hoping to find something vegan to eat! I googled this and came across great reviews for Urban Herbivore!
I made a beeline towards this place with amazing food and I couldn't be happier.
What did I have? Coconut curry stew with brown rice and a side salad. I treated my friends to some vegan cupcakes. We had the chocolate, banana and almond cupcakes! Simply delicious :)
To eat here on a regular basis could ofcourse get pricey, but once in a while treat yourself :) I would DEFINITELY recommend the coconut stew, it was amazing! I need to find the recipe to make it at home if I can :)

Pros: Stew, Cupcakes, Service
Cons: A little pricey
coling
coling

fantastic value

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

came across this by accident, tucked way in a shopping complex food court but will be returning again,. we are inToronto another week and will be looking for their other stores. The Morroccan stew was large with rice/ pumpkins and other goodies, separate tofu and salad. great value and great tatse. fully recommended, and a bonus was they have vegan gluten free cup cakes

Pros: price, large tasty serving, value
Cons: hard to get a table as in a food court

Yolochka
Yolochka

Fresh, fast and fabulous

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2014

While shopping at the Eaton Centre for the first time since going vegan, I knew exactly where I was headed. Let me tell you, Urban Herbivore did not disappoint. The staff was extremely helpful and suggested the Sesame Tempeh sandwich which was delicious and came with an equally delicious side salad. I also got a cupcake which was heavenly. I couldn't believe my meal came from a food court!

Pros: selection , freshness , fast food done right
Cons: a tad pricey
MissDeeCanada
MissDeeCanada

finally a veg place in a mall

4 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

Food was pretty good and I loved the fact it was in the food court of the eaton centre! Fresh juice was delicious!

Pros: location, great fresh juice, friendly staff
JGagliardi_
JGagliardi_

URBAN HERBIVORE

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

True to its name. With its located in TO urban condensed areas, this vegan restaurant offers good, healthy, low-sodium-low-fat vegan option from soups to salads to desserts. Good service and good quantities of food. It fills you up and keeps you going in the chaos that is urban city life. :)

Pros: reasonably priced, convenient location, friendly service
Cons: food is not always completely fresh
vallonicka
vallonicka

Not bad in a pinch

3 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

We've only eaten at Urban Herbivore once, and while it is adequate, it didn't blow our socks off compared to other vegan restaurants throughout the Toronto area. Nice for a family, or anyone just getting into veganism, as they offer versions of foods you would be accustomed to eating.

Pros: Good variety
Cons: Not raw, not super healthy
Hayltown
Hayltown

Morrocan stew

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

I had the Moroccan stew and upgraded to quinoa for $1 - loved the meal! I was so happy to stumble upon this place in a food court. All the baked goods are vegan and look perfect! Yum!

Pros: healthy, 100% vegan, vegan bakery
Cons: none
shanmccormack
shanmccormack

Great Veg option in a food court!

4 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2013

Whenever I go to the mall it is always a struggle to find a veg option let alone a GOOD veg option. Urban herbivore is yummy, not too expensive and fast! I am so happy they opened this location in the mall.The only thing is because it is so popular they often sell out of specials and some menu items.

Pros: Fast, yummy, not too expensive
Cons: sell out of speicals fast
mkruse831
mkruse831

Vegan Food Court? Win!

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

I love this place! I stumbled upon it looking for a snack at the food court. I got much more than a snack. For $10 I got a *huge* avocado/sprout/tahini sandwich and a side salad, both of which were really really good compared to almost any food court food anywhere. Definitely going back before I leave Toronto!

Pros: Tasty!, Quick! , Cupcakes!
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Easy choice

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

I just stopped while shopping. Although I didn't try the salad bar, it looked inviting. All I wanted was a mixed green juice and some cookies. Both were great.

sglcklch
sglcklch

Horrible

2 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

If it wasn't getting late already and that my partner and I weren't staying at a hotel nearby, we most certainly wouldn't have come here for dinner. Everything was wrong except for the huge portions.

I ordered a tomato lentil soup and the coconut curry with added tempeh. They just didn't turn out to be quite what was described on the menu, and the taste was all meh. The soup strangely had more corn than lentils, also way too tomato-ey and sour. No depth whatsoever. The coconut curry was an even bigger joke. Never had I tasted a curry so bland; the coconut flavor eluded me completely. All I had for vegetables in my stew were potatoes, nothing else, and it came with rice too (we'll get to the rice in a second). So, for some reason they decided to serve a starch with more starch and make you pay extra for tofu/tempeh for protein. Great tactics. Now, back to the rice. It was supposed to be a mix of brown and black sticky rice, but there was no way the black one was the sticky variety. I'm Asian so I know my sticky rice. It was oversalted as well, so was the tempeh I ordered extra. So far nothing I got on the table resembled what was written on the menu, and the food was pretty vile.

It's part of the food court in Eaton Centre, so there is not much atmosphere to speak of. For the money I paid ($16), I could have easily gotten much nicer food elsewhere.

Pros: huge portions
Cons: food quality, poor menu, pricey
RobynLewis
RobynLewis

Good Food, Bad Price

3 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

I am at the eaton centre regularly, and a few months ago I decided to check out Urban Herbivore. I ordered a sandwich and salad. The sandwich was good, but the salad was mediocre. I was very unhappy with the price. I think I paid around $11, which was insane for a food court meal. I've debated returning to try another item, but the price has scared me off.

Pros: Tasty Sandwich, Good Service
Cons: Expensive, Mediocre Salad, Area is too noisy
maulydaft
maulydaft

Just nice food in a mall

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

It's great that Urban Herbivore opened in the Eaton's center. It's breaking new ground in Toronto. I've been eating at the "Herb" since it opened in Kensington. Watched the prices go up... Salads are the kind you can make at home, but nice to eat something healthy out on the street. The sandwiches are very delicious. The Eaton's center location has a variety of semi-interesting (but always delicious) cupcakes.
Person serving me never speaks loud enough (and to my knowledge I don't have a hearing problem!)

Pros: in THE MALL, variety of fresh food, cupcakes
Cons: THE MALL, Noisy as hell
nowherefast
nowherefast

Disappointing BLT

3 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2013

I recently went here to eat while downtown. I ordered the BLT and had to wait over 10 minutes for it. People who ordered after me all received their food first which I found very strange. When I did receive the food it was a large sandwich with a side salad. I bit in to find the tempeh was burnt. If the tempeh wasn't burnt it could have been a great sandwich. I also found it pricey, but I guess for the location it makes sense.

Pros: big portion
Cons: pricey, long wait times
VegCA
VegCA

Good muffins

4 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2013

Whenever I am in Kensington market or the Eaton Centre I always come by for a spelt muffin.

emchait
emchait

Cranberry Lemonade!!

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

This is probably the best lemonade I have ever tasted. Not watered-down. Excellent drink to walk around the mall with.

Pros: Location, Location, Location
Stephunator2.0
Stephunator2.0

amazing!!

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

I've had the salad bowl twice now (visiting Toronto for the week) and thy were both delicious, I recommend the mushrooms (the guy in front of me said I needed to get them!), the tofu, and the snow peas and for dressing I got the carrot sesame that was recomended by my server. The place works a lot like subway where they put whatever you want (up to 6) in the bowl. I also had the soup of the day which was delicious! And the servings are really big and not that expensive. Fantastic fast food!!

Pros: huge portions, quick service, yummy
Cons: none :)
HilaryEvaRoberts
HilaryEvaRoberts

Best. Lunch. Ever.

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2012

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. I went for lunch and had the tofu curry. First, this is not only DELICIOUS but also incredibly cheap! I got a massive bowl or curry with quinoa and a side salad for $9. It lasted me two big meals. I was also voted as having the best lunch by my meat eating friends as they begged me to share with them! They also have a ton of other menu items including a Moroccan stew, salads, sandwiches and I think soups. They also have vegan desserts and dips you can purchase. The staff was also extremely friendly and helpful. I cannot wait to go back.
My only complaint would be that drinks are expensive here. They sell fresh juices, but at a high price. Overall an amazing vegan find that I will definitely go to again and again.

Pros: Cheap, Delicious
Cons: Expensive drinks
Ken4057
Ken4057

Support them!

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2012

Much the same menu as the Kensington location, only in a new food court.

Service is often poor, and they're always out of the tasty foccacia, but the food is very good, and they're the only vegan place in the Eaton Centre, a pearl in the midst of ugly excess and irresponsible waste. Needless to say, they aren't doing so well in these waters say the rumblings, and they could use the support. Toronto doesn't need another Panacea.

Dear Owner and Manager of Urban Herbivore - Eaton Centre: