Plant-food cuisine created to aid health, since summer 2013. Offers salads with choice of oil-free dressing, wraps and sandwiches, desserts, soups, smoothies and juices. Daily specials. Lots of grab-n-go. Uses local and organic as possible. Also hosts cooking classes and educating the community on the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Juice bar, Raw, American, Take-out

Mon-Fri 9:00am-3:00pm

First Review by vegangirl45
sandykaren
sandykaren

As good a wrap as I've ever had

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2015

I live in Oakland, California which is pretty vegan friendly. I just returned from a work trip to Tucson and was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to find good vegan food there. A friend of mine who works downtown, brought me the Green Goddess wrap from Urban Fresh and it was probably the best wrap I've ever had. Fresh and delicious! My friend said they didn't seem to be be doing a booming business so I hope they stick around. If I ever go back to Tucson, I will be sure to eat here again (and again!).

Pros: Delicous, Healthy, Fresh ingrediants
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Fresh is the word!

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

I love nearly everything about this place...

The staff are beautiful, helpful and went out of their way for us during our visits back in April. The owner knew we'd struggle to find vegan food in town on a Saturday, so she put some stuff aside and agreed to meet us there on Sat afternoon (when closed) to give us a goody bag to eat that day. How nice is that??
Also one of the girls that worked there took us to a charity vegan bake sale that was happening across town as we didn't have a car- really sweet of her :)
The food and juices are super fresh and healthy.
The menu is interesting, well thought out and full of flavour...
It's clearly popular with locals, with a constant stream of lunchtime customers! Plenty of seats for those few who want to sit in and enjoy/relax...

My only criticism as mentioned by others, is the fact everything is disposable and I utterly despise that.
I can appreciate it when it's cardboard and someone is taking it away for lunch, but we had take away plates, cutlery, cups etc even for sitting in to eat a wrap (that didn't even NEED cutlery).
A real downer on this place, it would be perfect if this was changed.
The owner really is wonderful and the guys here made our time in Tucson really memorable, so I'd 100% still recommend this as your first stop for veggies & vegans :)

Pros: the people, super fresh food
Cons: disposable everything :(
JenVeganMaui
JenVeganMaui

If I lived in Tucson, I would eat here daily

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

This is the only raw/vegan place available in Tucson. I am so impressed by how helpful they were. I didn't necessarily want anything exactly from the menu, so the owner let me read off ingredients, and created a raw wrap for me. The food is beyond fresh. Eateries like his are abundant where I live, in insisting Tucson, this was IT. Delicious flavors. I will return every time I come to this city. Well worth the hassle of parking and every penny.

Pros: Delicious variety, Wonderful, helpful staff, Fresh, plant based menu
Cons: Pay for parking (downtown area), Only two raw items on menu

PurpleMary7
PurpleMary7

Happy, Happy Cows Here

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2014

Great, great food. 8 Choices on Smoothies Menu 16 or 24 oz. 7 Juice choices,12& 16 oz. Salads, wraps, veggie burger & several desserts. Other beverages: coconut water to tea or coffee; plus meals to go. Local Raw Chef Kosan comes through on occassion. There is $1.00 off smoothies after 2PM (Happy Hour). Just several blocks from main downtown Bus Station/Depot. Vegeducation events on weekends.

Pros: Great Menu, Friendly Folks, Paid Parking Bldg near by
Cons: Closes at 3PM_weekdays only, Street Parking minimal
cottrellbentley
cottrellbentley

Fine, but small portions

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

I don't dislike this restaurant, I just know you have to walk in with your eyes open. The portions are small: order two to get full. They know what is oil-free and what is full of fat. This is good! The flavors are simple. Sometimes I like this, but I'm usually craving something heartier and more flavorful.

Pros: Oil-free options, People are nice and knowledgeable, Vegan!
Cons: Pricing, Location (hard to park), Small servings
DanimalPanda
DanimalPanda

swimming in amazing!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

This is PURE, FRESH, ORGANIC, LOVE-FILLED BEAUTY on a plate!

Everyone is so friendly, and the food, it is super crispy and FRESH like the name.

They are paving the way, changing landscapes, brightening the future... RAYS OF SUNSHINE in Tucson.

The only Authentic VEGAN - VEGGIE POWERED FREEDOM FIGHTER food in Tucson, everything else is tainted with microwaves or animal products.

This place is F-R-E-S-H !!!

Pros: location, price, super fresh
Cons: lots of packaging, plastic, recycling?
runesforest
runesforest

Wonderful

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

More like a cafe feel but great food!

Pros: Good Food, Good Smoothies
vegangirl45
vegangirl45

Fabulous Healthy Food and a Reasonable Price!

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

My family went to Urban Fresh for lunch recently and discovered what a treat it was! The servings are generous, the prices are low, and the food is SO yummy and healthy. I had the Yin and Yang salad with rice noodles...it was so big I had to take at least a third of it home. Their wraps and smoothies are great too. Parking downtown can be a little tricky, but it's definitely worth it!

Pros: Fast Service, Fresh Food, Friendly Staff
Cons: Difficulty Parking, Limited Hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Urban Fresh: