Small, franchise vegan fast food outlet with locations in Italy. Counter service. Offers burgers, sandwiches, salads, and other vegan foods. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Italian, American, Fast food, Take-out
Viale Luigi Borri, 47
Varese, Italy 21100
+39-388-4678663

Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-2:30pm, 6:30pm-12am, Sun 6:30pm-12am.

First Review by TheHolyV
TheHolyV
TheHolyV

Vegan fast food: indulgent and sinful!

3 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

I visited Universo Vegano in October 2013, after visiting their other store in Milan. The food was the same: there is a menu of vegan fast food offers like kebab, grilled tuna sandwich, vegan cheeseburger, etc.. with some spins on American fast food which are typically Italian.

The food is somewhat greasy and unhealthy but I found that to be the point: I take it as an indulgent, sinful and delicious occasional diversion from the usual healthy salads I eat so I was happy to find this place! I had never tried a kebab before so I was really excited.

The venue was not marked too well when I visited: just a cardboard sign on a window and they still did not have furniture despite having been open for a few months. Hopefully the situation has improved since it would be ideal to stop for a greasy bite rather than having to take your bundle of vegan mayonnaise away with you.

Service was not particularly fast at all: when I was I had to wait quite a bit, but they are totally excused and I really hope they will survive and thrive in this location.

Pros: Vegan fast food, Small company and good values
Cons: Lack of seating area

Dear Owner and Manager of Universo Vegano: