Franchise vegan fast food outlet with locations in Italy. Counter service. Offers burgers, sandwiches, salads, and other vegan foods. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Italian, American, Fast food, Take-out
Via San Gregorio Barbarigo, 87, Padova
Padua, Italy 35141
+39-3895460067

Tue-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Tue-Thu 6:30pm-10:30pm, Fri-Sat 6:30pm-11:00pm, Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Sun 11:30am-3:00pm, 6:30pm-10:30pm

First Review by Happy Veg Man
JonJon
JonJon
+2078

Veganism is spreading in Italy!

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2014

Universo Vegano is a vegan fast food chain being developed in Italy, and it's great! I've been in this one in Padova. It was nice. Staff is really friendly and helpful. They doesn't speak English but a little French and the menu was quite easy to understand since there are pictures of each item. The place is quite pleasant and offers room. There are plays for kids if you come with yours.

I was very hungry so I took the vegan hot dog and the focaccia sandwich. They are generous and were not bad but I expected they would have been more tasty. The hot dog was not very smooth (I didn't like so much the sausages) and the sandwich lacked a bit of spice. However, their tiramisu is amazing! I also took the Belle Hélène chocolate-pear pie that was excellent as well as their friends cookies (which are not cookies but biscuits). They have nice drinks as well (an Italian lemonade and the Ubuntu Cola).

To sum up, they offers a good alternative for vegans in Italy so do not hesitate to try the other sandwiches.

Pros: vegan, amazing tiramisu, big portions, great choice of fast food items, very friendly staff, pleasant place
Cons: lack of taste of some items
Mimimina
Mimimina

Vegan fast food...perfect for students :)

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

So, I'm a student here in Padova and I love this place. Since it opened I've been there at least weekly (sometimes 2x per week).. The food isn't too expensive, the options are interesting and there's quite a large menu for a fast food place.
I won't lie the potato crochettes are pretty bland, also the seitan tuna sandwich but then there's other more delicious options like the Foccacia Vegan...or the Veghina Marine, it tastes like real tuna! It's perfect for lazy vegans like me e.g. students haha.

Pros: Fair price, Friendly staff
Cons: Sometimes long queues, Not enough seating on busy days
Happy Veg Man
Happy Veg Man

I wanted to like it

2 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2014

I try to support any vegan restaurant I find, and I was excited when a friend told me about a vegan spot in Padova. I decided to get a take away lunch for my family to enjoy on the Prato Della Valle. Unfortunately, none of us could finish our meal. The vegan burger was mushy, and the sides (soy and or potatoe balls) were tasteless and had terrible texture. On a positive note, all the containers and forks etc are biodegradable. As much as it pains me, I could not recommend this restaurant.

Dear Owner and Manager of Universo Vegano: