Universo Vegano - Navigli

Small, franchise vegan fast food outlet with locations in Milano and Italy. Counter service. Offers burgers, sandwiches, salads, and other vegan foods. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Italian, Fast food, Take-out
Ripa di Porta Ticinese, 49 (zona Navigli)
Milan, Italy 20143

Mon-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am

First Review by L_Almo_Clelarco
HannaB.
HannaB.

Buen vino ecológico, el servicio ok.

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2015

El vino muy bueno y el ambiente también.

hecateluna
hecateluna

Simple but tasty fresh food

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2015

The food is simple but tasty and the vegetables are very fresh. I've tried several menu items, and they range from good everyday vegan food, to impressively delicious and unique combinations of flavors, depending on the menu item.

The restaurant is very small (not much seating), and the decor is obviously not expensive, but well-thought out and clean/modern. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are menus in English and Italian, and most staff speak good English.

The wait times can be a bit long for the style of food. The restaurant sometimes seems to have more customers than it can handle, especially at busiest times. Even at the highest-stress times, though, the staff is super helpful, patient, and friendly.

Pros: fresh food, good portion size, friendly staff
Cons: a bit small, wait time
ho2problemi
ho2problemi

Blend taste on most sandwiches

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2015

We had 3 sandwich and 2 of them were missing taste, pretty blend. The seitan tuna was the best of them but for 6 euro a sandwich you expect more. The Vegamisu was pretty good tho but this faat food chain isn't really cutting it for me other than the fact they are a vegan joint.

Maiskeks
Maiskeks

Fast food and friendly atmosphere

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2015

I went to this Universo Vegano on my first day in Italy. Expecting a typical fast food restaurant atmosphere I was overwhelmed by the friendlyness of the staff members. They made me feel welcome, explained me different things I didn't know in Italian, and recommended me plates relating to my questions. I had a really tasty burger and a tiramisu, which tasted almost the same like (as far as I remember) non-vegan tiramisu. Of course it's not the healthiest option but you know that when you go to a fast food chain. Very cool is also the fact that the restaurant seems to be something like a spot to meet up in the evening. And I liked the really relaxed dog, sitting next to the entrance not moving more than necessary.

Pros: Friendly staff, Atmosphere, Dog
veganinwvu2323
veganinwvu2323

Great Vegan Food

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2015

Great place. Happy I went. Must go for any Vegan in Milan. Great dessert and great service. Loved the Vegamisu.

Pros: Great vegan food and not expensive
shannonkaplan13
shannonkaplan13

Absolute heaven!

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2015

I cannot describe how great universo vegano was. There was such a great variety and the food tasted amazing! I have a sandwich with vegetable tuna that look and tasted like the real thing! The tiramisu was fluffy and beautiful. The guy working there was really cool too, super helpful. If this stop is possible, make it!

Pros: variety, reasonably priced, great atmosphere
Cons: only one outlet , away from everything
Jojewo
Jojewo

Great vegan eats

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2015

You can see and taste the pride in ownership. While they have veggie burgers and dogs, they've gone beyond that with vegan adaptations of local sandwiches. We had a vegan spicy and veghani winter and both were fantastic. Followed by a 'veganmisu'. The staff was pleasant and interactive, making for an enjoyable experience. Wish we had one in the US!

Pros: original menu, staff excited about their products , great flavor
Cons: none
Milkichops
Milkichops

Best Vegan Burger in Milan!

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2014

On a long and winding walk in search of our favourite gelato store we came accros this little shop by accident.

Just do yourself a favour and go. 100% vegan, tastes like a legitimate real burger with cheese and all and is cheap as chips.

Pros: low price, amazing food, lovely service
peas-full
peas-full

Delicious! Can't be missed!

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

I live in Milan and I can definitely state that this is so far the best vegan place in town.
The food is simply delicious, tasty and abundant.
You can have "just" the sandwich/wrap or add few euros and make the combo: + salad + croquettes/"meatballs".
My husband and I we tried a wrap and a sandwich with different fillings and we couldn't help but buying the dessert: a delicious tiramisù. We were so full we ate it later at home.
Of course it is not a restaurant were you can bring your family for a special event, but this is definitely a place were you can bring a non-vegan friend and let him/her taste! He/she will be impressed! Moreover, it is cheap!
I am just wishing they will open a new location close to where I work!

Pros: amazing food, inexpensive, all vegan: food, soaps, staff...
Cons: few seats
TheHolyV
TheHolyV

Lovely although greasy, but that's the fun of it!

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

I visited Universo Vegano in October: the selection is straightforward and as it seems. The menu comprises only "dirty fast food": imagine kebabs, grilled mock tuna sandwiches, vegan cheeseburgers.

I had my first ever vegan kebab and that was a nice change, even if I found it a bit greasy: that is part of the fun, though! For once, I could indulge in something vegan and not too healthy looking.

Not too fast service but a good vegan option if you need fuel for the night in the Navigli area or for a bike ride!

Pros: Tasty and fun vegan food
Cons: Not too healthy food
LauraRita
LauraRita

The bright side of the fast food chain

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2013

The perfect place if you arrive there with a huge hunger!
The burgers, sandwiches, wraps and focaccia (the full menu includes also a fresh salad or vegan croquettes) are giant! I have to admit sometime I take 2 burgers... Oh well! This is a further evidence the quality of the food is fantastic!
I really love it! I am so addicted!

Pros: fresh ingredients , tasty burgers , cozy and friendly
Cons: sometime you have to wait a lot of time before to , few tables and chairs
devu
devu

Vegan Fast Food? It's good and not that fast!

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

When I'm hungry and I don't have time (or will) to cook a proper dinner, I'm in for Universo Vegano. Everything is vegan, from food to shop assistants!

You can find a dozen of different sandwiches and piadina, assembled and heated (no microwave!) after your order and because of this, it might take some time to get your burger ready. There are some many kind of burgers (soy, spinach, mashrooms) and bread (white, brown, piadina, focaccia etc.).

My favourite is the simple (but huge) Vegan Burger. I'd just add a slice of onion and it would be perfect!

Some products, like the vegan cheese, are imported from Germany. Unfortunately no one in Italy produces them so I don't blame the owners at all for this!

Pros: 100% vegan, shop assistants too, Open till late, Wonderful location
Cons: Some non local ingredients are used
Wheaty
Wheaty

Value for money

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

It'a a value for money franchising network. Not really like the "fast food" format: the claim to use almost local food, but they use mainly franchisor's food, manufactured in a lab (Milan suburbs).
Nevertheless it's a good choice if you are starving and want to eat a fast vegan sandwich. Soft drinks are not available. Unfortunately nor tea, infusions or fresh juices.

Pros: variety, vegan only, price
Cons: no local food, fast food, tasteless
L_Almo_Clelarco
L_Almo_Clelarco

Good quality all vegan piadineria

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

I had dinner at Universo Vegano. All is vegan, including all the staff. Good quality sandwiches. Didn't try them all but I'm planning to.
Very attentive guy, enjoyed talking with him. Overall very good value for money.

Pros: Friendly staff, Value for money
Cons: Little space

Dear Owner and Manager of Universo Vegano - Navigli: