100% vegan food, made to order. Menu features a variety of vegan dishes, including falafels, tacos, and seitan sandwiches. Breakfast served til late on Sunday. Wi-fi access available. Previously named Jerusalem Finest. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Juice bar, Catering, Take-out

Veggieib2
Veggieib2

Yum Yum Yum!

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

While hitting the thrift shop I remembered this vegan restaurant - oh happy day! Good old soul food (vegan) ! To the owners - workers I know it's hard work, THANKS SO MUCH!
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 23, 2014

Pros: I'm On The South East Side Of Chicago , Good, Good Food!
Cons: I'm On The South East Side Of Chicago
Vegan Rock Star
Vegan Rock Star

ok, would like to try again

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

We came here on a Sunday when there isn't a traditional menu, just one breakfast and one dinner. We were suprised when they said they were out of breakfast, and it was a few hours too early for dinner. We were starved, as we had gotten lost trying to get to Vincennes from 83(147th) which didn't go through.
Anyways, imagine our great disappointment when they said they were out of food. Especially as there is no other suitable vegan dining in the area,and as for this being a good neighborhood, I have my doubts about that as well. Plus other customers who had phoned in orders were picking them up many minutes after us which seemed a bit unfair after claiming to be out of food . Please, phone first, that seemed the best approach.
Luckily they offered us a raw food platter, which wasn't that impressive compared to 'real' raw food, but at least kept us from passing out to hunger. The wait for that was very long and the place smelled like fried food and was a bit sticky. Also the kids would not eat any of the salads, luckily we found a Leonas (usually a last choice establishment) in the next town we were heading to.
I'd like to try it again when they actually have a menu to order from, food as advertised at the hours listed, time to spare, and not a pressing hunger or schedule.

Pros: friendly, edible, an oasis in a vegan desert
Cons: slow service and location, fried and unhealthy oils, food not available as advertised
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Good food, great prices

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

This is a tiny little cafe in an out of the way part of Chicago that seems to be a spin off from Soul Vegetarian. They do many of the same things, but they also have a great brunch for a great price. The people are very friendly and welcoming. I hit this place whenever I am in the area.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Great Prices, Good People

VeggieLew
VeggieLew

Awesome Vegan Eatery

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2014

This is an incredible Vegan eatery. The gyro is awesome, the Southwest wrap is delicious also. The BBQ tips and BBQ delights are so tasty. This is definately a place you should go to for vegan dining. I have also had the Italian Beef, which is so good. Everything is vegan, so don't worry about any animal products being used. They also have a huge selection of smoothies. If they have the sweet potato pie in the cooler, get a slice. That is my favorite dessert ever. Trust me the food is worth the drive. This place is less than 5 minutes from I-80 and Halsted exit. If it was closer I would be there every other day. Go to Unity Cafe.

Pros: Great food, Very well Priced, Excellent food
Vegan Family
Vegan Family

Great food

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

The food was good and didn't take forever to get. The location was nice and not in a bad neighborhood. The small dinning area was clean although the seating was not overly comfortable it had a nice feel to it. We sampled the BBQ tips fried mushrooms, onion rings, pita sandwich, and the salad all were excellent. The prices are good and portions large enough to fill up on. Will be back again. I Give them a solid 4.5 happy cows.

Pros: Price , Southern location
Cons: Service was ok

Dear Owner and Manager of Unity Cafe: