CLOSED: Union Street Eats -...

Gourmet Mexican food at a street cart offers items using seitan, soyrizo, tempeh and more. Try the Daiya pepper jack quesadillas. Previously located on S and W at SE corner near Pioneer Park. DEC 2012 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED by happycow member. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Fast food, Take-out, Food cart, Gourmet Mexican Food
400 S and 200 E (Washington Square Park)
Salt Lake City, Utah

Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Yummy

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2012

Nice little taco cart next to a shady grass spot in SLC. 5% of all their proceeds to go Ching Farm Sanctuary!

They serve yummy and unique Mexican food (grilled cactus, anyone?). Their prices are decent--you can get two tacos and chips and salsa for $6. Personally, my husband and I were left wanting more, but it was a good mini-meal.

My favorite menu items are the Tacos Barbacoa, Tacos La Paz, and their DELICIOUS horchata.

bike_junkie
bike_junkie

Best Vegan Street Food Cart in SLC!

5 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2011

Union Street Eats is hands down the best vegan street food cart in SLC! I highly recommend the Tacos La Paz, and the Barbacoa Jackfruit Tacos, but really anything from their cart is great! The owners are extremely friendly too!

If I had to say anything negative, it is that they cook everything fresh for you. This is NOT a negative - except when you only have a limited amount of time for your lunch break. They are also seasonal - closed for fall and winter. I can't wait for spring when they make their return!

Pros: great food, friendly owners
Cons: closed for winter
CarolineH
CarolineH

AWESOME

5 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

I am a huge fan of Mexican food, and I love little food carts too. So having a VEGAN Mexican food cart is an amazing combination for me. I live very close to where they set up the cart on most days, and every Saturday as I'm walking home from the Farmer's Market I stop by and get either a Daiya pepperjack quesadilla, or 2 specialty tacos with nachos and salsa. It's just incredible. The lady and gentleman who own the cart are so accommodating and just a joy to talk to. They provide speedy, excellent service, and their food is incredible. My favorite so far is probably the soyrizo tacos, but those pepperjack quesadillas are amazing!
AND, to top it all off, the prices are incredibly cheap. My boyfriend and I can both get a wonderfully proportioned meal for 11 bucks total, which is great for being vegan. Plus, there is such a beautiful, shady and grassy spot to sit in right next to the cart and enjoy the food.

Keep these guys in business! They are great!

Pros: Amazing Food, Cheap, Great Service

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Union Street Eats - Food Truck: