Serves meat, veg options available. Soup cafe. Menu changes daily and always includes 2 vegan and 2 lacto-ovo vegetarian soups, clearly labelled on the menu, plus a selection of salads. Has gluten free bread. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-4:00pm

First Review by imogenmichel
flormadel
flormadel

Filling, cheap and delicious!

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2015

I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more reviews on this fantastic place. While I only went once during my stay in Edinburgh, I could see myself becoming a regular if I actually lived there. Their soups are reasonably priced, and come with two slices of delicious bread (including gluten free bread).

While it isn't 100% vegan, I appreciated that it seemed to cater to all tastes and diets, and everything is clearly labeled. You can choose from the large, or the small size, and they even have a deal where you can get a sampler of three soups! There were three vegan soups when I went, and they all sounded really distinct and flavorful.

They don't have a lot of seating, which can be tough if the weather is not cooperating. While the place focuses on soup, they also have salads, and can even do combos, which also include fruit and a drink. The service was great, and my only regret is that I didn't visit this place sooner! (And that I can't give this place a five cow review because it isn't vegetarian).

Pros: different hearty soups, cheap, great service and decor
Cons: mostly just soup, not a lot of seating
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Wonderful soup!

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

I came here for the first time to get a quick lunch on a busy day last week, and I love this place already! I had a sweet potato and coconut soup (out of a choice of three different vegan soups) with olive bread, and it was absolutely delicious! The staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about the vegan options available, which were also clearly marked on the board. I'll be coming here a lot more often in future!

Pros: Wonderful vegan soups, Friendly, helpful staff, Great quality
Cons: Not 100% veg*n

Dear Owner and Manager of Union Of Genius: