Unicorn Vegetarian Restaurant

Buffet and a la carte. Some meals have eggs. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Buffet
MDLD 3328, Fajar Center, Lorong Fajar 4, Sabah (near the airport)
Lahad Datu, Malaysia 91100
089-882467

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by backpasher

Cheap and delicious

4 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2010

I spotted this place from the bus a few days ago and hot-footed it there to check out the food. Menus in English/Chinese available and there is a good selection of dishes. I didn't actually see the buffet until after I had already ordered so feasted on the mock duck and some veggie spring rolls, whilst my friend had a satay tempeh noodle dish. The food was delicious and excellent value. My non-veggie friend also enjoyed his food!

A welcome find in a small but pleasant town in Eastern Sabah.

If you can find the Danum Valley Field Centre office (Borneo Nature Tours office is next door) in the Fajar complex, it is about 2-3 streets behind this, heading away from the airport. There is a 100yen shop across the street which sells delicious desserts - veggie, but probably not vegan.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Friendly service
Cons: None!

Dear Owner and Manager of Unicorn Vegetarian Restaurant: