Une Fleur des Champs

Serves meat, veg options available. A natural-oriented restaurant offering two menus, one being vegetarian (confirm vegan options). Besides the menu, you can find vegan dishes, like seitan escalope (confirm ingredients). Serves vegan ice cream and cakes except for one cake which is made with white chocolate. Un restaurant orienté "nature". Deux menus dont un est végétalien. Les portions sont copieuses. A coté du menu il y a d'autres plats végétaliens, par exemple l'escalope de seitan. Les patisseries sont végétaliennes, les glaces aussi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Macrobiotic, Non-veg
4 Rue des Charpentiers (Rue Brulee)
Strasbourg, France 67000
03-90-236060

First Review by heuschrecke
Mimi_bcn
Mimi_bcn

Tasty and organic vegan options

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

I have been several times in this restaurant, they have different vegan options (my top favourite is the seitan lasagna, it's a must! ) and even vegan dishes like pear crumble..
All the food is organic even their drinks (wines, soft drinks, coffee..).
It's a good place if you are going with non-vegans/vegetarians as they can eat fish as well.
Good service.

Pros: Tasy vegan options, Organic food, Presentation and size of dishes
Cons: Vegan dishes don't change often
Maakun
Maakun

Good in Strasbourg

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

Modern looking restaurant, that serves a bunch of fish dishes, but also a lot of vegetarian/vegan stuff. Daily changing menu.

On the nigh we were there almost all the vegetarian dishes were also vegan, except for some that had cheese. Food was decent. Nothing exceptional, but well made and tasty. It was not cheap though. But on the other hand the portions were huge. I had a seitan burger, that came with a huge side of sweet potato fries and a massive salad. After two courses I was too full to try a dessert (they had six vegan options!). Next time I will skip the starter :)

Great service too, but I don't think they speak English. Overall it might not be the best place ever, but it's very hard to find decent vegan food in the region, and this is a great option.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great service
Petesternz
Petesternz

Really excellent food….

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

After reading previous reviews, I was a little skeptical, but I'm more of a believer now. I will agree with one criticism: the vegan food is not clearly marked, and there is fish on the menu - though on the night I visited only one of the mains was fish.

We had an amazing meal, the highlight of which was the desserts. There were six - all vegan, and all delicious. I was skeptical at first, especially after reading past reviews, so when the server (who seemed to be the owner) told me the desserts were vegan, I commented how rare it was to find vegan pannacotta, one of the options, and I asked what was in it. After hearing silken tofu, agar powder and a host of other vegan ingredients, I was sold.

The desserts were magnificent, and worth the trip alone. The server I had seemed to clearly understand the difference between vegan and vegetarian and steered me away from a few cheese or egg based dishes. The seitan burger is extremely good, and has a few original flourishes.

In short, especially given the limited options in Strasbourg, I'd give this place a try...

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food
Cons: Slow service
Emichan86
Emichan86

Not a place to eat for vegans

1 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

I have been to this restaurant this saturday for dinner, invited by my family for my birthday. Since I am the only vegan in the family, they made a very special effort to take me somewhere I would not only eat salad... what a disapointment...
Appart from one dish of vegetarian raviolis, the entire menu consisted of fish based dishes. The only thing I could order was... a salad? What a great birthday dinner... especially since my mum has been told that the restaurant was vegetarian and had vegan options when she called the restaurant to make the booking. She felt cheated and did'nt enjoy the dinner either.
The only positive thing compared to going to a 'traditional' restaurant is that I could choose between 2 vegan desserts. Well, that's what I have been told but I am not 100% sure they were, knowing that the other desserts where not and that the staff seem to have difficulties in uderstanding what is vegetarian and vegan.

• Oxygene Oxygene

Maybe you did not understand the menu because there is always one vegan menu (soup + a plate of different dishes) and also two or three vegan dishes "à la carte".
    The staff is not English-spearker I guess, and it does not use to be very helpfull.

havelock
havelock

interesting food

3 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2011

we ate there yesterday, definately vegetarian friendly but the room reeked of fish when we walked in, which was a bit confronting when entering on cold autumn's day. The staff were very accomodating about our lack of French.

the soup starters were amazing!

I tried a sietan dish and my wife had a tofu sandwich. the food overall was very generous. My dish was interesting but my wifes were deepfried sandwich diamonds filled with smoked Tofu on a bed of eclectic salad ingredients.

I would definately try them again, maybe I'm getting conservative but it felt a bit too experimental compared to the decor of the restaurant.

Pros: great staff, generous serves, vegetarian choice
Cons: big serves, fried options, didn't feel french?

werner
werner

Strasbourg - Une Fleur des Champs

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2011

This little restaurant is in the middle of "Petite France" in Strasbourg. It is a small restaurant with a warm interior. I've been in the restaurant twice and I was always satisfied with the food and the service. Usually German and English is also spoken.
The small menu card has everything it needs. Beverages, wine and water. Non vegetarian food (fish) is also beeing served. Nevertheless a complete vegan three-course menu is offered daily.
The food is very delicious. Prices are - according to the location - above average. You can choose from a variety of deserts. All the deserts are vegan :D. When in Strasbourg it is worth searching for it.

Pros: nice interior, healthy cuisine, English & German spoken
  • Oxygene Oxygene

It is not in the "Petite France". Nevertheless, it is located in a nice area, in the center.

heuschrecke
heuschrecke

Very nice

4 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2010

We went there in summer 2010. I chose the vegan menu which consisted of vegetable soup and a mixed plate with pasta, risotto, beans, beetroot, potatoes and green salad. The food was delicious as well as the cakes we tried (apple ginger cake and plum cake). The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere in the restaurant was really nice.

Dear Owner and Manager of Une Fleur des Champs: