Serves meat, veg options available. Has a vegetarian menu with vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by maulydaft
healthooray
healthooray

Great option for vegans

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

We've had lunch here twice, getting the same thing, but it was so delicious I didn't mind. We had take-out burritos that we "constructed" ourselves. They were absolutely delicious. Everything from the tortilla, to salsa and beans was spot on.

SunflowerM
SunflowerM

Delicious Dinner on Cinco de Mayo

4 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

Three of us, all vegetarian, were looking for some Mexican inspired food. The menu very clearly describes which items are vegetarian or can be made vegetarian. All 3 of us had different items; The Big One (Burrito), the Flauta and the Quesadilla. We chose the black bean, spinach & mushroom filling and enjoyed different sides; rice, beans, spicy fries and mexislaw. We all loved our meals (and enjoyed tastes of each others') and were way too full for dessert. We'll look forward to our next visit to try some of the starters and desserts! The warm corn chips and homemade salsa were also very much appreciated and disappeared pretty quickly!

Pros: Delicious Food, Well marked vegetarian items, Excellent wait staff
Cons: Nothing that I can think of
PinkOrca
PinkOrca

vegan friendly

3 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

Although this kitchen serves meat, the menu marks the options that are or can be made vegetarian and vegan. Even better, the wait staff know that honey is not vegan and will double check with you that you want that taken out. I recommend this vegan friendly place, they are very accommodating and it's defiantly the best Mex in london.

maulydaft
maulydaft

I liked it

3 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2011

I'm from out of town, I've eated here twice. I really love their homemade tortilla chips. I think about them often! I ate a vegan version of the Chonita and quite liked it, both times.

Pros: yummy chips, chonita
Cons: would like more vegan options, it's a typical "family restaurant" atmos

Dear Owner and Manager of Under the Volcano: