Spa holiday, retreat & workshop venue on 25 acres of land. more-less
+33-545849179

First Review by Alyson
LisaCupcake
LisaCupcake

Great experience, fantastic food!

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2014

I recently visited Under the Lime Tree for the first time, together with my sister who was visiting from the US. I live in Paris, so don't get to see real nature very often, but this B&B was quite easy to get to. It's just a 2.5 hour TGV ride, and the owner will pick you up and take you back to the train station for a small fee.

The setting is gorgeous... a nice view of hills and trees surrounding the property, a lovely vegetable garden, and of course the lime tree itself... all of which can be admired while you relax in the outdoor jacuzzi. The B&B is in a series of adjoining old stone buildings, and the kitchen, where you dine with the hosts and other guests, is especially cozy. The guest room my sister and I stayed in was very comfortable.

We were greeted several times by Nellie the Cat, a friendly long-haired tabby who reigns over the gazebo and looks on as you enjoy the jacuzzi. :)

For me, the three-course dinner was the highlight of the stay. We had a slice of mushroom-chickpea loaf with mango salsa for the starter, a number of main dishes (red lentil and sweet potato bake, a gorgeous red cabbage, mango and pomelo salad with goji berries and pumpkin seeds, roasted vegetables, a green salad, and really good bread), and an amazing chocolate-chestnut pie with mango sorbet and red currants. We also had a hot breakfast the next morning (polenta, sautéed mushrooms and tomatoes, warm raisin rolls, tea/coffee and juice).

What was also great was sharing this lovely dinner with the hosts and other guests, and hearing their stories and experiences — something that isn't possible if you stay at a hotel when traveling.

My sister had a massage and loved it. I will undoubtedly try that next time too.

We each bought a copy of the Under the Lime Tree cookbook and are looking forward to trying the recipes at home!

Pros: beautiful setting, comfortable accommodations, great food
Alyson
Alyson

Great place for relaxation

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at UTLT for 4 nights recently and had a wonderfully warm and friendly welcome from the owners Nikki and Sean. We stayed in the gite, which is the former pigsty, and it was really cosy. We spent time walking around their land (30 acres), their woodland, relaxing in the courtyard, using the out door jacuzzi hot tub, borrowing their bikes for a ride of 11 miles around the countryside, going for short jogs, eating, chatting, reading, relaxing, oh, and having some of the treatments Nikki offers too. The food was excellent and plentiful. Very varied meals each evening and also great company as you eat with them around their table! Made friends with their two cats too, and the couple of hens. A great place for vegetarians, vegans, or those other people who eat meat and fish! Those on a low budget could stay in the barn dormitory, or for medium budgets there is a room in the house. They also have a teepee! They can collect/drop off from local train stations for a small fee which is much cheaper than a taxi. Very easy to get to from Paris on the train. Highly recommend.

Pros: Vegan food, the whole place, friendly welcome

Dear Owner and Manager of Under The Lime Tree: