Uncle Sam's Good Natural Prods

Supplements, some bulk items, dried fruit, many herbs and spices, small section of fresh produce. Not completely vegetarian, but offers a variety of vegan goods. more-less
77 4th St
Troy, New York 12180
518-271-7299

First Review by soysass
frankie55555
frankie55555

Simply the Best

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2009

Uncle Sam's is simply the best health food store possibly ever..I have lived in several states and have encountered numerous health food stores but none of them can hold a candle to this store..The owner is the most noble , understanding and helpful person in the industry..!!
I recomend this store for anyone looking for a healthier life..this store is dedicated to help whatever your needs are...I prefer the advice of the owner of this store over the advice of a medical professional..!!!

Pros: Knowledgeable, experienced, helpful
Cons: none.!!
soysass
soysass
  • raw

Because it's the patriotic thing to do!

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2009

This is my go to place! It's how I manage to survive when I'm in college. Also how I manage to spend my money on mostly edible things and have nothing to show for my hard work but a happy belly(which I don't mind). The owners are very nice and it is easy to converse with them, they really know their stuff about all the supplements and tonics(and there is a huge variety!) They have lots of snacks and treats that I love to nosh on. I am a sucker for the dried mango and pineapple, it is my kind of candy! They have a clearance section which I have been known to buy a nice stash of noodles from(but not always a good selection for us conscious consumers ;-)), and a teeny bulk section with lots of herbs, spices and various grains and sugars. Lots of juices, milks(including my favorite hemp and hazelnut!) and some gluten free products. There is a frozen section with lots of vegetables, fruits, ice/soy creams, dinners, and some meat dishes. They sell bread from local-ish bakeries (i think), and have a tiny refrigerator section up front with a few fresh veggies and fruits. In the back refrigerators they have yogurts, tofu, hummus, etc. There is a huge beauty aisle with hair and body care items. Most of their things are cheaper than the co-op's! I love this place!

Pros: Healthy Items, Good Prices, Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Uncle Sam's Good Natural Prods: