2014 reported food is now all vegan, with gluten-free options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Take-out

Foodie24210
Foodie24210

Perfect afternoon

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2014

Gathering flurries outside, I had apple pie and coffee while Dave bagged up a loaf of Rustic Bread, white bean/carrot soup and apple pie to go. Good music, excellent combination of apples in the pie and "mock chicken salad" sandwich for tomorrow. Ideal reason to drop off I-81 and enjoy our little town.

Pros: Lots of gluten-fre options, Strong local commitment, DELICIOUS!!!
Cons: somewhat limited seating, Tinted windows make it appear closed
carmencricket
carmencricket

Amazing Little Restaurant

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2014

My family shared the hummus plate, mock chicken salad compound salad, and the jambalaya and brown rice special. Everything was fantastic. All was served with fresh local veggies. I highly recommend it.

Pros: Fresh, Local Food, Friendly Staff, Reasonable Prices
Cobaltcolt
Cobaltcolt

Best in SWVA

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

By far my favorite restaurant, I always get the special which is always excellent. Very friendly staff that always make you feel welcome. Most food is local grown and in season, hence the name. If you are traveling through southwest Virginia it a must stop, also Abingdon is basically the nicest town in the area.

Pros: Great fresh food , Friendly faces , Only devoted vegan restaurant in area
Cons: Business hours, 11-6 closed Sunday

ryanstachurski
ryanstachurski

Great meal!

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2014

Uncanny surprise travelling through this smaller town. They make their own bread and vegan doughnuts. Every menu item had a vegan option, if it wasn't already. The meatball sub was very good. The locaton was a little easy to miss, driving by for the first time. I'll gladly try them again the next time I'm in town.

Pros: Vegan options on everything, Great staff, Strive for local, seasonal, real food
Cons: Need a bigger sign in front, Smallish seating
Hapanjohn
Hapanjohn

yum!

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

We stopped off at Uncanny Kitchen for a quick bite. Vegan food can be a bit scarce while on the road and with one of is being celiac to boot, road trip eating can be especially difficult. This cafe not only offered all vegan food but was accommodating to food allergies. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We had the mock chicken salad, coconut curry squash soup (a daily special), the quinoa salad, and cornbread salad-- everything was well made and was very tasty. Definitely give this cafe a try!

Pros: vegan, food allergy friendly, delicious
Apants
Apants

Wonderful little restaurant!

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on our drive home. The staff are very kind and welcoming, and the food is delicious! I loved the house-made vegan ranch dressing. I especially loved that they offered gluten-free wraps. I also had their vegan/gluten-free chocolate donuts which were fantastic! I will definitely go here again the next time I am in the area.

Pros: price, gluten-free options, great atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Uncanny Kitchen: