Un Sorriso Integrale

Ristorante vegetariano. Naples organic restaurant with changing menu. Prices around 10-20 euro include beverage. Also a natural food store offering massage, yoga, meeting for dialogue between religions, music, art gallery. English and French spoken. Confirmed open July 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Macrobiotic, Mediterranean, International
Vico S. Pietro a Majella 6, Napoli
Naples, Italy 80138
39-081-455026

Open Mon-Sat 12-3pm, 8pm-12am, Sun 1-3pm, 8-11pm.

First Review by +++VeGaNiSaToR+++
experimental_setup
experimental_setup

Can be hit and miss

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

It's the only vegetarian restaurant in Naples I know of, so they deserve some extra credit.
That said I've been there four times the last few months and had mixed experiences. They follow the standard Italian way of having dinner: antipasti, primo (pasta or rice or soup), secondo (fake meat) + contorno (vegetable side dish).
It appears to be a hit+miss, once I had an extremely bland risotto and some seitan-dish al limone which was mostly drenched in oil and I couldn't even taste a hint of lemon. Last time though, with the pasta dish and two contorni it was very good.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 10, 2014

Pros: Only one in town, Nice vibe
Cons: Food can be bland
KatherineH
KatherineH

Interesting, healthy, vibrant food.

5 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2013

We had a great travel experience trying to find this place, wandering around in the amazing lanes of Spaccanapoli - in reality it is quite easy to find, if you look at a map properly! Anyway we arrived very late, but the very helpful and super friendly waiter made us feel welcome and explained all the food options to us. He had great English and was happy to speak in English, which is always a relief for me, as I hate making people speak in a language they are not comfortable with. I ordered the plate of everything - a little bit of everything on the menu - a great idea - and I loved it. My son ordered the red wine risotto, which he liked but it lacked a bit of flavour - I think this might be because we are so used to quite salty risottos and I don't think they use a lot of salt here. They also had some interesting organic beers and soft drinks. So glad we found it.

Pros: Amazing neighbourhood., Interesting, healthy food., Excellent service.
meringa
meringa

perfect

5 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2013

I have been there with my vegan friend, a great peaceful place to stay for longtime, eating, resting...
Mediterrean food, south italian, yummy seitan with lemon.
We were a week in Naples and 3 times there (midday).

Pros: very good food, fantastic cozy place, friendly staff
Cons: -
katylied
katylied

great job

5 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2012

My husband, daughter and I went to this small and incredibly friendly (amico means friend !!!) vegetarian Italian restaurant. The food was so fresh and felt as though each dish was cooked specially for us. The choice of dishes is fantastic compared with other Italian restaurants, which do not specialise in vegetarian meals, and we ended the evening with wonderful limoncellos! The wine list is great, and the service is intelligent and friendly, very willing to offer advice on suitable combinations of dishes if asked! All in all, an excellent meal and evening with great food, atmosphere, wine and service. Bruno and his team are fantastic. great job.

Pros: food, wine, prices
jrm212
jrm212

a healthy, peaceful oasis in naples center!

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

we were so happy to discover this place. it was quiet since it was nearing lunchtime on a sunday. friendly waitstaff and we were excited to have so many vegan options to choose from. food was simple but good.

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff, health food store for basics

SofieHeloise
SofieHeloise

Un Sorriso Integrale, Napoli

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

I had a very good experience with this restaurant. People are very friendly and the service was very good. The food is really delicious and not expensive.

I went twice to this restaurant in August 2011 and I was really not disappointed (I ordered the suggestion of the day and it was a good choice). They also speak well English.

Pros: excellent and healthy food, good value, friendly staff
leneke
leneke

Lovely restaurant, vegetarian & organic

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2011

Very nice vegetarian restaurant in Naples. This is the only vegetarian restaurant in this city. Menu changes daily. We went there twice for dinner and had two times the 'plate unico'. This is a plate with soup and a bit of everything for 9 EUR, accompanied with lovely bread (1 EUR). All very tastfull and healthy. As a starter we shared brushettas (2.5 EUR). Also very lovely. However we were very full, we couldn't resist the 'chocolate soufflé' we saw the locals eat. This was sooo good (home made of course). The housewine is also of good quality (and organic) and fairly priced (2.5 EUR for a glass). We paid 37 EUR for 2 persons. Highly recommended. Staff was friendly and helpfull. Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner (from 7:45 pm).

Pros: excellent food, healty cuisine, fairly priced
bobbyrudy
bobbyrudy

terrible

2 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2011

I have been there once with my friend because they are the only vegetarian rest. open on Sunday in Naples. The food was tasty but the service was the worst I ever saw. Dishes that we ordered later during our meal were coming too late so it happened that the green salad came just before dessert. Portions are not very large and the food is not macrobiotic or vegan, just vegetarian. They are frying a lot, and there are no vegan or macrobiotic desserts. The bill that we got was higher than we actually spend, because the famous green salad was 5.5 EUR instead of 3 EUR. After trying to catch the running waitress, that of course speaks barely english, we somehow succeeded to correct her count. Just worst experience ever!

Cons: not vegan/macrobiotic, steeling waitress, too noisy
seaurchin
seaurchin

Really bad staff

2 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2011

The service was really bad. First of all the waitress does not speak English so it is really hard to communicate. Ordered food came relatively fast, but it was just thrown up to our table. When I ordered additional meal - a plat of salad, I had to wait for 10 to 15 minutes to receive it. The same was with ordering a dessert. Also, there was no soap in the bathroom so you are not able to wash your hands. Finally, the waitress has calculated our check completely wrong. The only "good" thing was that the food was relatively tasty.

Pros: good food
Cons: bad staff, noisy
  • wildfang wildfang

When I want to wash my hands, what I need most of all is water, not soap...

• JohnnySensible JohnnySensible

This is Italy - why should they speak English?

Salads take time to make.

Perhaps the soap was there but you could not read the Italian label.

rane
rane

Worth your health

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2010

WONDERFUL to find such healthy creative vegetarian food. My partner and I were in Napoli 3 days and ate there each evening. Prices very reasonable and great music to boot!

Pros: excellent food, healthy, good value
Cons: smokers just outside
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

only vegetarian and isn't good AT ALL

2 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2010

I already posted a review, why have you deleted it? This restaurant is vegetarian (not vegan) and isn't good AT ALL !

• webmaster webmaster

Hi +++VeGaNiSaToR+++,
    Sorry, not sure if, when, or by whom, your review was deleted. However, it would be great if you are a bit more descriptive, and say something about the food, rather than just saying "isn't good AT ALL". As for this place's veg status, please let us know these points using our update form. Thanks.

Dear Owner and Manager of Un Sorriso Integrale: