Cooperative market providing selections in deli food, fresh produce, vitamins, supplements, bulk staples, chilled and frozen food, personal care products, natural products, and more. more-less
721 S State St
Ukiah, California 95482

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by devinevegan

Ukiah Co-op

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2013

The only place to shop for GMO free foods, gluten free and vegan options! I only trust the co-op with my food. There is no other place in Ukiah that has the selection and service the Co-op has. I feel great FULL to have a co-op so nearby. I must confess that I am a board member of the co-op, so if you want to see changes, come to a board meeting. Owner suggestions are taken seriously by the board and the board, along with staff and management strive to make the co-op the best trusted source of food in our community.

Pros: many vegan options, many gluten free foods, no butcher counter- no smell of meat
Cons: large wrapped meat section

It'll do.

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2010

Not a co-op in the truest sense (i.e worker owned collective) it will do for most of your vegan needs. But if you want local produce you need to hit the Tues or Sat Farmers market (Alex Thomas Plaza) or the Westside Renaissance Market on Clay which is focused on providing locally sourced products. Ukiah Nat Foods is focusing on pumping out more mainstream (think UNFI) "natural" edible foodlike substances than high quality locally produced food. Extensive supplement and cosmetic section. Staff is hit-n-miss as far as knowledge of products. TCM's available. Nice bulk herbal tinctures. Respectable bulk loose leaf tea selection. Look for seaweed over by the bulk herbs/teas. Coffee and smoothie/juice bar. Smoothies are weak (using frozen fruit and ice), providing no add-ons. Good juices (carrot, beet, etc). Minimal vegan selection in the sandwich cooler. Extensive frozen section, if that's your thing.

Pros: bulk herbs, bulk grains, organic produce
Cons: minimal local produce, mainstream focus, pricey

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

The co-op is great! They have several vegan groceries. My husband and I live in Ukiah and do 100% of our grocery shopping at the co-op. There are 2 vegan staff members. They carry food, drinks, a coffee & juice bar, ready made sandwiches & burritos, hygiene products, bulk foods & spices, kitchen tools, companion animal supplies. AND LOTS of vegan ice cream!

Pros: Vegan Selection, Everything you need, Friendly Staff
Cons: They have meat, They have dairy

Dear Owner and Manager of Ukiah Natural Foods: