Ukiah Brewing Company

Serves meat, veg options available. Certified organic restaurant with bar. Has a vegetarian section on menu, but vegan food is not clearly labeled - so ask. Always a vegan soup of the day. Live music sometimes. Bar closes later. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
102 S State St (Perkins St)
Ukiah, California 95482
707-468-5898

Open Su-Th 11-9pm, F-Sa 11-9:30pm.

First Review by devinevegan
triley
triley

Very Good!

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2011

Very good, at least that's what we found yesterday. My wife and I ate there and each had the BBQ Tofu sandwich. It was on whole wheat sour dough toast and had collard greens and pesto aeoli. We thought our sandwiches were excellent. The staff was friendly and prompt. It was not busy when we were there.

The menu has raw, vegetarian and vegan sections and all were adequate. Of course, there's also a regular menu.

We will return again.

Pros: Good food, moderate prices, friendly & helpful
Cons: tables and booths not real comfortable
Bricecycle
Bricecycle

Still failing in flavor

1 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2010

I have tried this brewery many times for food as well as beer and have never been impressed. Food looks good in writing but thats it, period. Not recommended for anyone that is on a budget or has taste buds. For about a month this "brewery" did not have any beer, I repeat did not have any beer! Hiding behind the word "organic" is the Ukiah Brewery passing off flavorless food and beer that will make you wince. Have a nice day:) Hope Ukiah finds better to offer someday.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 27, 2010

Pros: Music
Cons: The food, Expensive cover for events, Poor service
VeganPike
VeganPike

Totally Great!

4 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2010

I was very pleasantly surprised by my recent experience here. I went with 5 other vegans, and we were treated very well by the knowledgable staff. Our host pointed out at least 8 or 9 items on the menu that were vegan or could easily be made vegan, including a bbq tofu sandwich w/ vegan pesto aioli that was really good. Most of their salads can be made vegan, and they have a decent little selection of raw dishes as well. Several of my friends go the raw zucchini "fettucini alfredo" and it was yummy. I was less impressed by the $14 'macrobiotic bowl' and the $9 strawberry salad I got; it was okay, but not anything special, and I was disappointed that they couldn't make me a smaller version since I was already ordering a sandwich.

Oh and the cajun fries are gooood! Highly recommended.

Overall, the drinks and food are totally great, and they are super respectful of and down for the vegans. Apparently they even offer a number of vegan raw desserts most of the time but the night I was there the only thing they had left was a coconut sorbet.

Anyway, if you're in the area, definitely check them out. The fact that they are all organic is totally icing on the cake. For the quality of the food I'd say the prices are just about right.

Pros: delicious, very vegan-friendly, all organic
Cons: a tad pricey, they were out of vegan desserts, live music is kinda annoying
ptvegan
ptvegan

nothing to write home about

1 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2010

The salads here are decent. That's about it. I walked in during lunch. There were 3 customers, a waiter, and a bartender. They didn't look busy. I stood by the "please wait to be seated" sign and after 4 minutes I was acknowledged by the waitperson. To me, this is poor service. Outisde there were 5 people in the dining area smoking cigarettes, yet they wouldn't let us dine outside with a 5 pound dog. I mean, if you're going to look grungy, let grungy people smoke in the patio, at least have the courtesy to welcome customers.
In short, the service is dreadlocked, grungy, and what's worse unreceptive. Vegetarian options are available, but the food hasn't impressed me accept for being overpriced. No gluten-free beer.

Pros: beer, dungeon-like atmosphere, near courthouse
Cons: apathetic staff, overpriced, serves meat
sean_r
sean_r

pearls before swine

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2010

A lot of people in this town complain that the UBC's overpriced or the food isn't that good. Fiddlesticks, they just don't know how to navigate the menu. The dinner entrees are obscenely overpriced, but the rest of the menu is great. Several hot vegan sandwich items. But I typically get the soup special. Changed almost daily, they have two soups and one is almost certain to be vegan- and they are usually delicious for a mere $7 a bowl. They now have three respectable raw options on the menu as well. I haven't asked if the beer is vegan, but I wouldn't be surprised. Great atmosphere, like "The Brick" in "Northern Exposure" if you hit it at the right time.

Pros: good people, good food, FREE WiFi

weffinger
weffinger

Ukiah Brewing Co.

4 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2009

While passing through Ukiah, we dined at Ukiah Brewing Co. Since our last visit several months ago, they have expanded their vegetarian selections and also have a number of vegan options. The new chef has extensive vegetarian/vegan and raw food knowledge. We found the food to be excellent and the service friendly and would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone.

Pros: excellent food, good selection
Cons: room could have been warmer
devinevegan
devinevegan

Great!

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

They have a great vegan selection of foods. My husband and I really like the tofu pita meal.

Pros: Vegan items clearly marked, Friendly staff, Live music
Cons: Also serve meat, Also serve dairy

Dear Owner and Manager of Ukiah Brewing Company: