Serves meat, veg options available. May have started out as pure veg but now is not. Offers South Indian cuisine though most items contain dairy. Dosas, uthappam, and dinner thali, and more. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Catering, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by vegansoul
Aashpatel
Aashpatel

• non-vegetarian

Mamma ain't Happy? Aint't nobody Happy!

4 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2012

Alright! For the record... My 2 kids and I are non vegetarian, my wife and mom that lives with us are pure vegetarian. This is the spot for us for mother's day or if we are in a big dooodooo! The matriarch is happy with the vegetarian - simple - no meat ordered on that day specially in their respect! We love the dosas although we are not South Indian! According to my wife - best place in town for dosas! Mamma happy, familia happy!

Pros: Friendly staff, Hindu vegetarian food, Courteous and clean
Cons: Cold play latest Cosmo music, Low volume to allow conversation, Add some pizzaz to the stoid face looks
pheochrom
pheochrom

Somewhat disappointing

3 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2008

I was suprised to find that although this restaurant is listed as vegetarian, there was chicken and lamb on the menu. My confidence at eating here went down after we asked whether there was ghee in certain dishes. The server was hesitant to confirm that anything was dairy-free. The food was average, which was a shame because the attentativeness by staff (keeping water glasses full, seeing if we needed anything else) was excellent.

Pros: attentative staff
Cons: not vegan-friendly, staff unsure of ingredents
vegansoul
vegansoul

Not very vegan friendly

3 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2008

I tried to give this place a chance, but they were only willing to make three of their meals vegan - chic peas, spinach or cauliflower. I wasn't interested in any of those. I also wasn't happy with their hours. They are closed from whenever they stop serving lunch till 5 pm. Since I was here for training from out of town, my schedule required a dinner time of 4:30 pm or at least the ability to order it at that hour to reheat later in the hotel room.

Pros: honesty of staff
Cons: Not-vegan, hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Udupi Palace: