Vegetarian Indian restaurant situated at a corner in a small shopping center. Changed management in 2014. Serves South Indian cuisine. Offers daily lunch buffet, Tuesday evening dosa buffet, Thursday chaat (snack) night. On weekdays the kitchen rests from 2:30-5pm. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Catering, Take-out

Mon 11:30am-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm

First Review by Dr. Z.
MichelleKreidler
MichelleKreidler

Worth checking out and try the Palak Paneer!

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2014

They serve the best Palak Paneer ever!!! The restaurant is once again serving a 100% vegetarian menu. Dining room was large but dated. Service was good and food came quickly and hot. Server was new and wasn't able to recommend any food options but she was attentive. I recommend the food highly but they need to do a better job of keeping the restrooms clean and gnat free!

Pros: Great Paneer, Attentive service, Good food
Cons: Dated dining room, Server wasn't able to recommend food, Bathroom could have been cleaner
lorikunz
lorikunz

Great dinner

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

We stopped in while traveling through Ohio in August. I have a weird food allergy from a tick bit (not an illness) that has made me allergic to a carbohydrate found in mammalian fat. Thus, cross contamination is an issue. A big issue. I am disturbed by the previous review with the restaurant offering meat since I eat this way not by choice but in fear of anaphylaxis.

When we dined here I ate like a ravenous animal it being the first (and only) time I ate in a restaurant on our 12 day road trip. I ordered extra for the road. I did not get sick, so maybe they keep a clean kitchen? Luck of the draw?

The food was extremely delicious. My favorite being some sort of deep fried chickpea dumpling. The service was outstanding. Would I eat here again? Yes, if the meat thing is cleared up- as in do they really serve it?

Pros: good value, friendly staff, yum!
Cons: possibly cooking meat in kitchen
jrbala
jrbala

Udupi not Vegetarian any more since 2012

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

They start serving meat dishes on request. What is the shame?

The owner was appologetic: "People request meat?

Pros: none
Cons: meat

Dr. Nay
Dr. Nay

Cheap & delicious

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2009

This is my favorite place to eat in Cleveland. Lots of vegetarian food, delicious South Indian cuisine, and cheap.

Pros: Excellent food, good value, Lots of seating
Dr. Z.
Dr. Z.

good buffet

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2007

Nice all vegetarian selection, kid friendly. Mainly Indian patrons. Pretty good selection of foods, mildly spiced. Nice dosas.

Pros: all vegetarian, nice selection, inexpensive
Cons: few curries, decor not great, should use filtered water
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi Dr. Z, I liked your review of this place. It is usually a good sign when you see mostly Indian customers at a place like this.

Dear Owner and Manager of Udupi Cafe: