Udupi Bhavan

South Indian vegetarian cuisine. Dosas, uthapams, curries, South Indian Thali, rice dishes. Vegans to inquire about dairy use. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering

First Review by stantoro
abbydoo
abbydoo

Excellent Food!

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

Our waiter was knowledgeable about veganism and went out of his way to accommodate us. The mulligatawny was perfect on a rainy summer day. The aloo gohbi was excellent and not too oily. My husband loved his dosai. Everything was delicious.

Pros: great food, many vegan options
sglcklch
sglcklch

Wonderful south Indian food!

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2012

I've eaten here many times, ordered different dishes every time, and never was I disappointed. I still can't believe there's a restaurant such as this in Shrewsbury. Just don't be put off by the interior, you will leave totally satiated, guaranteed!

Pros: delicious, good value
Cons: interior
sb
sb

Awesome food and awesome people!

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2009

The only thing better than the friendly people and great service at Udupi is the food! Seriously, this is the best Indian food I have ever had. The entire menu is vegetarian, and practically everything can be made vegan (Try the Bhagan Bartha eggplant curry made with coconut milk). Don't be intimidated by any perceived language barrier, every member of the staff is totally used to altering menu items for vegans. They also have the best garlic naan bread (ask for it without butter). Oh, and the best rasam soup ever, so so HOT! This place is well worth supporting and my orders always are 100% accurate and delicious!

Pros: awesome food, very nice people, great service
stantoro
stantoro

Great South Indian

4 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2008

Really excellent South Indian food. Great dosas, idli, vada, and all the usual fascinating condiments. No atmosphere whatsoever - bright fluorescent lights and blank walls. Next time I'll get takeout. But this is certainly the best Indian food for some miles around.

Dear Owner and Manager of Udupi Bhavan: