Serves meat, veg options available. A bread company that also operates cafes in Colorado. This one is attached to the Tattered Cover Bookstore and offers pizza and sandwiches. Veg and veg optional items are marked on the menu. Staff is knowledgeable about different dietary needs. Sandwiches can be made with Udi's gluten-free bread. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg
2550 E Colfax Ave
Denver, Colorado 80206
303-355-5445

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

Very Vegan Friendly Menu

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

Udi's is attached to the Tattered Cover Bookstore and just around the corner from the Denver Film Center. It's a nice addition to the neighborhood serving mostly moderately priced pizza and sandwiches.

The menu is very clearly marked with vegan, vegetarian, and veg optional items, as well as gluten-free foods. Our server asked right away if either of us had dietary needs and was incredibly knowledgable about my choices.

The Kale Pizza I ordered was pretty good and the gluten-free crust was nice and chewy. There was truffle oil on it, which added a really lovely flavor to the pie.

My husband ordered the Vegetable Coconut Curry which he liked a lot and I found to be disappointing. It was visually unappealing with everything being a dull brown cover when coated in the sauce that I found to be less than exciting.

Worth a try if you're in the neighborhood. Not sure I'd go out of my way for it, but it's nice to know that there are options right there when I'm at the bookstore or out for a movie.

Pros: Vegan Friendly Menu clearly marked, Knowledgable Staff, Gluten Free Options
Cons: Serves Meat, Food could use some improvement

Dear Owner and Manager of Udi's Pizza Cafe Bar: