Vegetarian Indian restaurant featuring South Indian cuisine. Has a lunch buffer, and a la carte dinner. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Bufftet, Take-out

coolramesh
coolramesh

Service sucks..

2 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2012

Horrible experience.. Service really sucks here. The other week end when we dropped, we didn't have water placed initially. When asked the reply was "wait for the water to come to you - or get out of the restaurant". We were already hungry and such a behavior by your person make us feel really bad. since then we stopped going here... Many of our friends too fell the same..

Pros: food
Cons: service, service, service
jaynamac
jaynamac

Great food, great price

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2011

If you like authentic Indian food, add Udipi to your short list. Everything on the menu is vegetarian, but some items do include dairy, so be aware of those.

The lunch buffet is extensive and, at $6.99 (the last time I checked), a very good value. But the full menu is what's really off the hook! You can literally get two entrees, poori or another favorite bread, and an appetizer for under $20. CRAZY! And it's all delicious, authentic, and well-prepared. I just wish we lived closer so we could visit more often!

If I had to nitpick, my one complaint would be that the wait staff is uneven. I've felt like a nuisance on more than one occasion -- and I'm not high maintenance. Honest!

But I'll continue to visit, nuisance or not, and would encourage you to do the same!

Pros: Delicious, authentic, made-to-order food, GREAT value
Cons: Sometimes surly wait staff
ramachandra
ramachandra

South Indian Heaven!

5 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2010

South Indian cuisine is my favorite, so when I came here for the lunch buffet, I was in veggie heaven! Dosa was brought to the table, but everything else is on the buffet. Huge variety of vegetarian foods, with one or two desserts. The salad bar was tiny and picked-over, so I skipped it. The price per person is something like $8, so it's a bargain!

Pros: good value
Spike
Spike

AWESOME!

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2009

Very vegan friendly. Kind, attentive staff.

Have never had a bad meal there (and have had many).

This is the real deal, and NOBODY (at least, in Columbus) does it better.

Food I love at Udipi:

Pappadam (best!)
Vegetable cutlet
Tamarind sauce
Paper dosai
Perfectly spiced lentil soup
All the old standards (chana masala, etc.)

Go. You'll love it!

Pros: the food , lots of vegan options, no meat!
Cons: dairy
SirJustinian
SirJustinian

Authentic southern Indian food

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2007

If you want true authentic southern Indian vegetarian food, Udipi Cafe is just the place. Lunch buffet during the week is a great bargain, and the main course dinners are very filling.

Pros: Authentic food, friendly staff, Inexpensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Udipi: