Vegetarian Indian restaurant featuring South Indian cuisine. Note that many items are served with dairy, so vegans must specify. Confirmed open Sept 2012. Open Tue-Sun for lunch and dinner, closed Mon. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering
14422 N Dale Mabry (Fletcher Ave)
Tampa, Florida 33618
813-962-7300

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jayspenh
Eric Arens
Eric Arens

Love It!

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

Udipi is great, quaint and friendly. I never order. I just ask my server to order for me.

Pros: Price, Quality, Quantity
Cons: Could use a little sprucing up
Stuffithinkbout
Stuffithinkbout

Food ok, service- non existent

2 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2011

Loving Hut wasn't open until later so we decided to go here. First, it took a long time for anyone to bring us menus even though there were only two other tables taken. Then when we finally ordered the waiter didn't take beverage orders. We called him back to get drinks. Our food came quickly but that was the last time we saw anyone during our meal. They didn't even refill our water! We were finished well before they brought the check and just waited and waited. The food was ok but the waiter couldn't help us in choosing or describing and we pretty much felt ignored while there. I wish we had just waited for Loving Hut to open and we won't go back.

Pros: Variety
Cons: Bad service
hollyfrench
hollyfrench

Pretty standard Indian food

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2010

This is your pretty average Indian restaurant. The food was great and the service was decent. It's nice that it's all vegetarian, and they're one of the few Indian places in Tampa that serve dosas.

Guest
Guest

friendly staff but horrible food

2 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2007

I took a client to Udipi for lunch. I wanted to try the food. I am of Indian descent, and have tried many variations of Indian food. I have to say that the food was totally aweful!The daal was undercooked and watery! I could tell by just looking at it that it was undercooked. I tasted it and it was. The mixed vegetable dish was the same way. Horrible and undercooked. I had a stomache ache from the undercooked beans.Everything on the buffet was terrible.I wonder how they stay in business.The staff was friendly and accommodating. I didn't want to be rude because I liked the people that worked there. I wasted my money.

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: the food
jayspenh
jayspenh
  • raw

Okay

4 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2007

This is a great restaurant for vegetarians but if you are a vegan or a raw vegan this is not the place. I did enjoy the dishes. Since I am trying to become a raw vegan I would not come back here, other than that, the food was pretty okay!

Pros: Location, For Vegetarians
Cons: Not for raw vegan, Not organic

Dear Owner and Manager of Udipi Cafe: