South Indian cuisine. Small seating area. Write reviews on Happy Cow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Fast Food
4141 Old William Penn Hwy
Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146
412-373-5581

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by pepperka
nagev
nagev

Best Southern Indain Food in the US

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

I read the other reviews - mostly 5 cows. This place rocks!!! My wife & I had a celebration meal fit for a Raj! Service was great - the manager waited on us. The utensils and plates were stainless steel - hello! I wish I lived in Pittsburgh, I'd be here every week. Very happy with this restaurant.

Pros: excellent food, healthy food, clean place
Cons: entrance doors
pepperka
pepperka

south indian awesomness

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2008

If you like south indian food this place is not to be missed. Its definitely worth finding in its unsuspecting location (down a small road next to something like a cement pouring machine), and don't let the extremely bare look of the inside fool you--the food is absolutely amazing.

The dosas are always the perfect texture and large enough to be a meal no problem. They have other great options too, but since they have such a great variety of dosas I only occasionally venture to other foods. I've been coming here since they opened years and years ago. Many vegan options. The sauces are all delicious and taste fresh.

(don't come here expecting a fine dining atmosphere! For that you can go to one of the many other indian restaurants in Pittsburgh, none of which rival the quality of udipi's veg options. Come here for the food!)

Pros: yummy dosas :), friendly staff, inexpensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Udipi Cafe: