Small cafe and coffee bar inside Ubiquitous Journey tea and herb store. Offers vegan grilled cheese, soups, has non-dairy milk for coffee. Wi-fi. Busker friendly. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, American
Now Open

Tue-Fri 11:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by SnuggleBear

Really surprised! Great grilled cheese!

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2014

If this were not right down the street from me, I probably would not have tried this place, but I am so glad that I did. If you were to tell me that there was a restaurant that only served grilled cheese, soup, and tea, I probably would not go out of my way even if there was a vegan option.
The menu has an option of about 6 gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, all of which can be veganized. We tried the Pizza and the Moroccan and both were these massive sandwiches with a gooey blend of Daiya cheeses on sourdough that we have never been able to replicate at home despite best efforts.
The vegan creamy soup was really great, as well as the teas.
For dessert they also had a vegan cheesecake that was beautiful and great. And, because there were two of us sharing, they cut us a larger slice without charging us more.
I can't wait to go back during the rainy times.

Pros: Great vegan grilled cheese, strong tea variety, vegan dessert

Dear Owner and Manager of Ubiquitous Journey: