Two Vegan Sistas vegan and raw food delivery turned brick-and-mortar restaurant in August 2013. Menu features mostly live food dishes along with some cooked vegan meals; no soy. Its goal is to make healthy eating affordable, fun, and convenient. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Raw, Pizza, Catering, Delivery, Take-out

Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-7:00pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm

First Review by CindyElder
MatthewSikora
MatthewSikora

Incredible food at an awesome price!

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

My wife and I are visiting Memphis and I drove the 18 minutes out of downtown to reach this place and it was completely worth the drive.

First I was greeted by the nicest person in all of the US. I sat down and saw the prices on the menu and my eyes popped out of my head! I have never seen such low prices on real great food!

I had a raw burger, 2 appetizers, a chocolate shake, and two desserts for under $25.

The food was amazing! I can't stress out awesome this place was!

Remember *if* you believe it is morally wrong to hurt animals, then you already believe in veganism. www.whyveganism.com

Go vegan. Educate others.

Pros: Great tasking and healthy whole food, All vegan and uses the word "vegan" , Incredible price
Mike Weinberg
Mike Weinberg

Bee products are not vegan -- Now off the menu!

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

I've upgraded to 5 stars now that I've learned that bee products are off the menu. :-) Kudos to the sistas!

Visiting from San Diego with family members, I was eager to eat at a 100% vegan restaurant, which was what I assumed from the restaurant's name and its (former) "Vegan" listing on HappyCow.

To my surprise, bee products were on the menu. When I pointed this out to the kind, mature waitress, she said it was a good thing I mentioned it so that she didn’t serve me anything else with those items in it (which made me wonder about the smoothie I was already drinking).

After an otherwise tasty meal, I spoke with one of the “Sistas” to let her know that bee products weren’t vegan. She said she had read they were "healthy."

Naturally, I eat at vegan restaurants so I don’t have to ask or worry about animal ingredients. But after a month, their menu has not changed. I'm hoping the recent downgrade to "Vegetarian" status on HappyCow will convince the sisters to eliminate bee products.

I wish them all the luck in the world as their hearts are in the right place.
Updated from previous review on Friday November 01, 2013

Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 27, 2014

Pros: Good wholesome food, Friendly staff, Now 100% vegan!
  • BrettaBlanton BrettaBlanton

Hello Mike, we understand your concern and know that bee products are not considered completely vegan by some. Clearly, bees are an animal. But, did you know that there are countless vegan communities around the world who accept bee products as vegan? Bee products added to the vegan diet has been a point of controversy for quite some time. There are even a number of well-respected vegan nutritionists such as David Wolfe who embrace bee products. I am just using this information to point out that there are some in the vegan community who use bee products and some who don't. We respect both groups of vegans and respectfully call both groups 'vegan'. There are only 3 other vegan establishments in Memphis, and (from my experience) we all have honey in our restaurants. And, another thing that we all have in common is that we will leave the honey out of an order when it is requested- because we understand that people are at different levels. This is what we did when we found out that you did not want any honey. We used date syrup and stevia in your order instead. So, in closing, I just wanted to clarify why we call restaurant vegan, that we are not the only vegan restaurant that uses honey, and also that we leave honey out of orders when requested. We really don't use honey that often and may consider leaving it off the menu one day, but we just don't see it as a problem since we don't use it for those who don't want it. Thanks for your positive feedback- just didn't want you to think that we were forcing honey on people.

CindyElder
CindyElder

great people, great food!

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

My husband and I stopped for lunch in Memphis on a long drive home in the spring. We had heard about Two Vegan Sistas, but it was a bit out of our way since we were on the Interstate. We decided to check it out anyway. The food was healthy and delicious, and the women were very nice. After days of eating on the road, a healthy meal was so welcome.

Dear Owner and Manager of Two Vegan Sistas:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Memphis page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/10/06