Serves meat, veg options available. Dishes can be made veg by omitting meat and choosing tofu/vegetables. Casual and busy. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
4201-112 University Dr
Durham, North Carolina 27707
919-489-9888

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by happyvegans
moonbaby12
moonbaby12

Tasty vegan and gluten free options!

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

This is my favorite place to get vegan and gluten free thai food. The sit in area is small, but the service is wonderful and the curry is fantastic.

Pros: vegan AND gluten free, excellent and quick service, great for carry-out
Cons: small seating area
bullcityveg
bullcityveg

Slowly going downhill

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2011

When this first opened, I used to LOVE it, but I agree with the other commenters. After finding chicken (!) in a tofu curry dish, not once but three times, I started to doubt the veracity of their "no fish sauce" claims. That said, they are still a decent place for appetizers (especially if you want to get summer rolls with tofu inside!), but the lack of brown rice and the fact that the health code score keeps slipping while the place smells more and more like a pet store makes it harder to eat there.

Pros: cheap, large menu, appetizers veg friendly for real
Cons: "fish" sauce, meat contamination, cleanliness
happyvegans
happyvegans

Vegan delight appetizer very good!

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2011

The vegan delight appetizer (battered and fried tofu and butternut squash with a sweet chili dipping sauce) is very good! We have heard tale that the other 'vegan/vegetarian' entrees may contain fish sauce. When I've asked, I'm not 100% sure that I'm getting a 'real' answer. We stopped going after a vegan friend had a piece of fish in his dish. Buyer beware.

Pros: Vegan delight!
Cons: Busy, Fish tank in restaurant, Unsure about veg*n status

Dear Owner and Manager of Twisted Noodles: