Twin Sisters Bakery and Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Located in Alamo Heights since 1981, this cafe provides health-oriented cuisine with some vegetarian choices. Also a downtown location that is larger at 124 Broadway. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg
6322 N New Braunfels (Sunset Ridge Shopping Ctr)
San Antonio, Texas 78209

Mon-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat 7:00am-2:00pm, Sun 9:00am-2:00pm

First Review by ellyn.arsenault

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

We really wanted to like this place.It had a cute atmosphere and I had heard amazing things about it.
The food was horrid though. The soup tasted like it had come out of a can, chips and salsa were the worst I have ever tasted in San Antonio and the sandwich made me feel bloated and tasted like nothing at all. No spice, no seasoning. For a $10 half sandwich and soup deal I expected so much more.

My Fiancee and I left still hungry and actually had to go and get another meal somewhere else just to get the taste out of our mouths.

On the bright side for a Saturday morning we were sat quickly, and our server was very nice.

I will never be eating here again nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Pros: Friendly, Atmosphere
Cons: Bad food, High Prices , bland

OK Veg Food

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2008

The menu options for vegetarians are basic and typical -- salad, sandwiches, soup and quiche. Not any other options than that. Sometimes I feel as if the sandwiches are rather bland. However the Greek salad is excellent.

Pros: healthy
Cons: limited seating -- downtown, slow service

Amazing food!

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2008

This is the best option for vegetarian food in San Antonio by far! They aren't totally vegetarian by mostly. And they daily enchalada specials are always the best thing to order, but it's a toss up with there home made veggie burger. You really can't go wrong with anything you order from here!

Pros: Amazing food, Cute atmosphere
Cons: kinda slow service, staff slightly rude

Dear Owner and Manager of Twin Sisters Bakery and Cafe: