Serves meat, veg options available. Pub offering 30+ beers on tap. Vegetarian choices are marked on menu, some of which could be made vegan by omitting cheese/aioli. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
5406 N College Ave
Indianapolis, Indiana 46205
317-602-8840
Closed Time

Mon 4:00pm-11:00pm, Tue-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by KatieB
Vegtravel4
Vegtravel4

vegan options slowly disappearing

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

When this place first opened, you could get several vegan options from the menu. Now the only thing left is the banh mi. Super disappointing because we loved their kale salad. They told me that was only a summer item, but I'm sure I had it more recently than that. We asked about a vegan salad option, and they said we could get one of the on-menu salads without the non-vegan items. Well... The non-vegan items were egg, meat, croutons, cheese, and dressing, leaving a salad of nada. I want to love this place even still, but now they're making it hard for me and my husband to come here and get more than one thing between the two of us. Also, this place has a small dining room so you're always looking at a 30-45 minute wait. It can also get a little loud, as the furnishings are all wood and there's tons of echo. Twenty Tap has an amazing beer list full of the latest local and regional craft beer and plenty of delicious small batches. That's why I still can't rate this place poorly! I love the beer.

Pros: beer list, one single good vegan menu item
Cons: disappearing vegan options, noise level, wait time
KatieB
KatieB

Good, could be great with a little more effort

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

I had the vegan Bahn Mi and my mother had the BBQ Tempeh sandwich. The Bahn Mi had great flavor, but the tofu was unpressed, uncooked, and pretty soft. If they pressed it and fried it (or even baked it), it would be outstanding. The BBQ Tempeh was similar to a sloppy joe, and my mother enjoyed it, though it was a little messy. My dad loved the selection of local beers on tap and had fun trying them based on the server's recommendations.

Pros: clearly marked vegan options , lots and lots of beer on tap, vegan mayo
Cons: Tofu rookies

Dear Owner and Manager of Twenty Tap: