Bulk food, health and beauty products, many organic items. Not all veg. more-less
64 Kensington Ave
Toronto, Ontario M5T
416-593-9281

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Ken4057
sglcklch
sglcklch

Mostly bulk items

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2013

If you are looking to buy in bulk-spices, nuts, seeds, grains, dried fruits, etc-this place is for you. They occupied almost half of the store space. If you are like me, a traveler in quest of different kinds of vegan goodies, go to the nearby Essence of Life instead.

Cons: limited selection
saveur
saveur

Mostly bargains

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2012

For most items, I prefer Tutti Frutti. It has great prices on protein powders, tempeh and the nuts and seeds are reasonably priced, too. Don't try to use any manufacturer's coupons though, they don't seem to accept them stating they already have low prices. (??)

Pros: low prices, wide selection
Cons: crowded store, do not accept coupons
maulydaft
maulydaft

Lost a long time customer

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

I've been shopping here as long as I can remember. If they were open in 1993, when I came to town, I was shopping there.
Two weeks ago I bought a Kombucha drink. I work in the market but by the time I got back to my work, a 2 min walk away, the bottle was leaking all over the place. So I brought it back for exchange. They were really rude about it, telling me that Kombucha "does that" and when I said there was no way to tell that the cap was on correctly and that I could get sick from it they said "you just don't know the product." Well I DO know that this isn't some commercial soda. If the cap wasn't on correctly I could seriously get sick off this fermented product. Anyway, I had to really act unfriendly which is not what I like to do, just in order to EXCHANGE the product.
When I got the new bottle back to work I shook it over the sink. Guess what, no leakage.
I will never shop there again. I was nice to them, it was a simple request, I had to mop all the floors at work because of the leakage, I have probably spent THOUSANDS of dollars there, and I get treated disrespectfully in return.
They've lost a very long time costumer over a stupid $3 drink.

PS. regarding the other review here - Panacea has closed down. One reason was because a health food store, who already owned a store a few blocks west of Panacea, opened another location a block east of Panacea. And they own the building. So people saved a few cents on a few products and now Panacea is closed. It's a real shame.

Ken4057
Ken4057

One of my fav health food stores

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

**Update** While I stand by the below review, I would ask anyone reading this to give your business to the all-vegan grocery/health food store Panacea (listed here elsewhere) instead, as it may not be around if it isn't supported by the community. Peace.

****

I love coming here because the prices can't be beat. They have a nice selection of bulk herbs labeled by healing properties, too.

Problem is, the place is tiny, cramped and often busy on weekends. You have been warned.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 18, 2010

Pros: cheapest around
Cons: tiny, cramped

Dear Owner and Manager of Tutti Frutti: