CLOSED: Tutti Frutti Frozen...

A yogurt place with vegan options such as soy based yogurts and sorbets. Reported closed to HappyCow, Oct 2013. more-less
903 Houston Northcutt Blvd (Johnnie Dodds Blvd)
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
843-654-9231

Open Sun-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm.

First Review by KatyJMon
John MacLean
John MacLean

My favorite Vegan Frozen Yogurt

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2013

I discovered this place on Google last May 2012 when I first visited Charleston. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they had soy based frozen yogurt. There's typically 3 delicious soy flavors in rotation all the time. Being lactose intolerant, I don't indulge in the diary based flavors, but I hear other customers rave about them. They have a plethora of toppings to add too.

It's very spacious with comfortable tables and a long cushioned bench that runs most of the length of the interior. The decor has custom made art by the owners, including a very cool lighting fixture that greets you upon entering. It looks like it holds about 50 people or so. I'm an architectural photographer, and I was so intrigued that I asked them if I could shoot the space. See my photo I've uploaded! There's also a few tables outside. And they have incredibly fast free wifi, that I tested at over 20Mbps!

Their flavors are posted on their facebook page almost daily. And it's convenient if you're shopping at Whole Foods next door or Trader Joe's.

Ask for a Loyalty Card (11th visit is free) on your first visit, because you'll be needing it! ;)

Pros: delicious vegan flavors, friendly owners and staff, comfortable place
Cons: none that come to mind
greenhexi
greenhexi

Yummy for vegans as well

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

I did not have frozen yoghurt before and I was positively surprised. They only have three or four vegan option which ranged from yummy to very yummy. But what I liked most was that the waitress showed me around and let me try things. They treated vegans the same as others! ;-)

JimJam
JimJam

Soy frozen yogurt!

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

I absolutely love frozen yogurt and was terribly sad to give it up when I went vegan, but what a wonderful find! They don't have very many options, but what they do have is delicious! I had a mix of vanilla and salted caramel and it was fantastic! A great place to take vegans and non-vegans alike, the fruit was fresh and the staff were super nice. Make a stop if you're in Mt. Pleasant!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy
Cons: Few vegan options

KatyJMon
KatyJMon

Unexpected vegan ice cream find!

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

My spouse and I were in Charleston for the weekend and went over to the Whole Foods in Mount Pleasant. We saw a sign for "soybean frozen yogurt" at the Tutti Frutti shop. We had to go in and check it out and were were so excited to see that the flavors were peanut butter, vanilla and Oreo. It was actually frozen yogurt and not just sorbet! It was great because the people working were super friendly and knew that the flavors were vegan. They also let you sample the flavors to decide what you want. In addition to the vegan frozen yogurt, they had several vegan toppings to make it even more exciting. They had oreos, peanut butter sauce, chocolate sauce and many, many more! This was quite the unexpected treat of the trip!

Pros: Delicious, Exciting, Many vegan options
Cons: Can be pricey with toppings

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt: