Vegan restaurant and organic tea house. Small and cozy. Offers vegan cakes, rice bowl with veggies, and also sells organic teas and tea accessories. Reservation is recommended for busy meal times. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, International, European, Western
Klenzestr. 53 (near Gärtnerplatz)
Munich, Germany 80469

bneesse
bneesse

not feeling so welcome.

Posted on 12 / 12 / 2014

i just ordered a cup of tea and a meal and asked for the internet password so i could use my laptop while i wait for my meal to come. The waitress said "don't stay too long here with your laptop" ... (i have just arrived! and after i eat i have to get back for work so this was a little unnecessary) .

bottom line is i have not eaten yet but not planning to return based on the vibe.. so best of luck with this one - perhaps just eat here if you don't plan to stay too long :)

Plantpower
Plantpower

Very cozy tea house

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2014

I had a chai latte and a slice with black sesame paste and loved it all. They also do warm savoury dishes which looked yummy too. Staff was really super friendly and the cafe was very cozy. I'm not an expert, but it seemed like they knew their stuff about tea. Highly recommend a visit.

Pros: Cozy, great vegan slice/cake selection, friendly
megs828
megs828

Great breakfast

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

Most vegan restaurants don't seem to open until lunch so we were thankful to find Tushita Teehaus which was open for breakfast. The food menu is small but it's all vegan which is nice. We had the warm and cold porridge/museli and some of their tasty drinks. We also tried a few of the dessert pies. Everything tasted great.

Pros: Healthy filling breakfast

JazzyCow
JazzyCow

Hidden Gem

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

After getting lost trying to find a different restaurant, I ended up coming to Tushita Teehaus, and I'm glad I did! This pleasant little cafe offers a set dinner menu that is extremely varied and flavourful. The portion size is small but filling (and there is a larger size available). The way they serve tea is fabulous too. I ordered a white tea, the set dinner bowl (brown rice, vegetables, tofu, and lots of seasoning and flavourings all mixed together), a couple of their pies, and I was offered a free soy chai tea, which was so nice of them! The desserts were particularly fabulous, and the soy chai tasted just like the "real" thing! I was pleasantly surprised :)

Pros: quaint location and friendly staff, delicious set dinner menu, amazing desserts
Cons: closed early, so don't go too late
maible
maible

My fav café in Germany!

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2014

I go there every time when I'm in Munich, it's almost like a tradition by now :) Love the place, the atmosphere, the tea and the extraordinary tasty food including drinks and sweets! Gotta love this place. ;)

SarahBaker
SarahBaker

Amazing!

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

I was so excited to go here. I got the matcha soya latte, a pastry with veggies and seitan, schoko-avocado cake, and rota bete schoko cake. Everything was great. The matcha tea latte was on the tiny side and expensive, but the food was tasty. My schoko-avocado cake was so fresh tasting. The rote bete cake was pepper-y and I liked it. The cakes were not too sweet. Definitely will go back for dessert.

Pros: Cake, great service, fresh
Cons: small matcha latte
mmichell
mmichell

Embrace a Tea Ceremony

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

This small cafe offers a rich atmosphere, offering to this client an experience akin to visiting a Japanese shrine to tea (though they offer teas from far and wide and of every kind). Though I enjoyed the vegan dish of the day (they offer a single option each day, though the dish changes from day to day) and the variety of desserts, it was the "tea experience" I enjoyed the most. In the two hours I spent at Tushita, I had two pots of tea, a "first flush" Japanese sencha and an Oolong with cornflower (I think) overtones. Jerome, my server, provided an education in the preparation, tending to the three separate infusions of each pot while I enjoyed food and conversation with my partner. It was a lovely experience. Before I head home I will stop by one more time for a second tea ceremony, to purchase tea, and to choose just the right pot and cups from their wide selection to take home with me and remember my Tushita experience and further the education Jerome began.

Pros: Intimate atmosphere, Superb quality teas and food
Vegan since 1990
Vegan since 1990

Absolutely delightful

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

This small vegan oasis is a delight. We had a scrumptious bowl of a vegan medley of food and then three different vegan desserts. There was one dessert, a raspberry torte that was, according to my spouse, the best dessert he has ever had. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Jerome, an expert in tea, prepared the most interesting and wonderful tea services for us--explaining how to brew the tea and serve it. The Sencha green tea was the most delicious I have ever had. The atmosphere is calm and peaceful. An absolute must to visit.

Pros: Friendly staff, All vegan, Amazing tea
Lailafromearth
Lailafromearth

best vegan place in munich

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

it is my favorit place in munich for cooked food. always very yummi, fresh food, mostly gluten free. but a bit too much tofu and soy ingredients in dinner and cakes for my: less would be better. most of the time one gluten free cake. nice stuff.

Markus108
Markus108

my favourite place in Munich

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2013

I am at Tushita at least once a week. Friends say it became my second living room :-). It is cosy, beautiful and yammy. The food ranges between good and superb. Try the chocolate-avo-cake!!

DJMToronto
DJMToronto

really nice vegan desserts & good tea too

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

Tushita is first of all a tea house with incredible varieties of great teas, but they also have fantastic vegan desserts. I had a really good Apfelkuchen (apple cake) and also tried a delicious fruit bread that was kind of like a traditional Christmas cake.

We planned to eat dinner here but the daily special was already sold out and that was the only option besides sweets, so I'm not sure whether you can depend on it for a savoury meal, but the tea and desserts were great, the staff friendly

Pros: great vegan desserts, fantastic selection of tea, pleasant ambiance
Cons: full meals not always available
anderson_santos
anderson_santos

Great experience

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2013

It is still one of my favorite places in Germany. Many good teas, but I liked for the creativity. I was blown away when I ordered a dark cake and thought it was chocolate, but it was actually black sesame cake. That was magnificent. Of course, for those not used to the taste, might be a shock, but for me that love japanese style food. it was a very good finding.
And the staff was really friendly, while I tried to use my very limited german at that time.

DaniM
DaniM

Amazing

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

This small and cozy place is just amazing. The staff is really friendly and helpful and the atmosphere inside is cozy and silent so you will have the possibility to relax and enjoy your tea and meal.
There is one dish of the day and they also offer a yummy and healthy green smoothie! The price for both is ok, it's not too expensive.
The best of all is they do offer a huge range of different tea varieties from all over the world. And they have a clear card with great informations about the teas. You can also buy the teas there if you liked your tea.

Pros: Huge variety of teas
Cons: Could be a bit larger
chrdold
chrdold

I love this place

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

nice people, good mood, delicious food

Pros: nice people, good mood, delicious food
Cons: sometimes full, only open till 8pm
Gijs
Gijs

Tea house with gorgeous vegan meal

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

This tea house is mostly focused on offering many types of tea, but it's a 100% vegan/eco restaurant in disguise. Only a single dish is served each day, though. The only choice you have is whether you'd like a small portion or large portion. The meal was healthy, varied and extremely tasty, however.

Besides tea, the choice of drinks is limited.

Pros: Excellent, all vegan food, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Only one choice of meal, No coffee available
malalaya
malalaya

Lovable Café

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

Tiny place, serving my favorite food "A little bit of everything"
Friendly service, nice atmosphere, great cakes

hack_man
hack_man

Tea in Style

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

A very warm, lovely and inviting tea house serving vegan comfort food and a large selection of delicious cakes (all vegan) and priced very reasonably. Give the chocolate & avocado cake a try if it's available for a wonderful surprise in taste combination. The interior is modern and looks as it has been fitted out very professionally. A massive range of teas from all over the world are available served with great presentation and attention to detail. They also serve savoury food which consists of rice, tofu and salad dishes in bowls which looks very inviting and tasty. It's in a fabulous part of the city very close to the river and just down the road from the beautiful Gartnerplatz.

Pros: friendly, range of teas
Cons: limited seating
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

wouldn't go back

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

Apparently, you MUST make a reservation here, even though there was only 1 table with any people at it. The staff said "I don't serve people without a reservation, but I guess I'll let you eat, since it's slow"--as if she's doing us a favor by letting us eat there. The food was decent, but I felt like it's not nearly as good as other places of the same price. I definitely won't go back.

Pros: All-vegan
s_k_
s_k_

pleasant place

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

This, as the name says, is more of a teehouse than a restaurant. Their food selection is very limited. For dinner, they have a bowl consisting of a few different items. Though the range of choices was small the food was very tasty and seemed pretty healthy. If you're ravenous you'll probably want to snack on something in addition. Friendly staff, and not a problem even with my broken German. The ambiance is lovely.

Only reason for the one star off is due to the limited food choices (but hey, it isn't called a restaurant...).

Pros: tasty, high quality
Cons: few food choices
AshleyLorden
AshleyLorden

Chocolate Avocado cake is definitely amazing

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

The title pretty much says it all! Didn't have a chance to try anything other than the chocolate avocado cake, but it was awesome and I'd eat it all day every day if I could. If you can possibly get your hands on a slice, don't think twice!!

Pros: Chocolate avocado cake awesome
clary
clary

cosy & yummy

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

they have like a thousand of different teatypes and make lovely cakes! very cosy atmosphere as well :)

oddvegan
oddvegan

Lovely place

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

Lovely place, great tea selection! Nice cakes, a little more on the healthy side but very nice! If you are wanting food the food is written on a sign outside or inside way up above the counter with the servers. There are the other drinks as well, there is only a printed menu for teas as the food changes daily! And drinks are varied as well! Very nice atmosphere....i do speak German so it was no problem for us. The staff were very friendly!

taylork
taylork

I wish I could eat here every day

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2012

Delicious food and amazing vegan kuchen! They also have Rishi tea, my favorite brand of tea that I didn't even know you could get in Europe. The staff spoke English well enough to explain the menu to us and were very friendly. I wish I could take whole place back to America with me so I could eat there every day.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, best tea in the world
Cons: small
cms1000
cms1000

Great tea and lovely food

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2012

A great place for vegan food and an amazing selection of teas. Staff friendly and helpful.

Take It Back
Take It Back

Germany's best vegan café!

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

Tushita is Germany's finest vegan café, if not Europe's!

Pros: great lunch menues, great sandwiches, great cakes
yourfacehxc
yourfacehxc

dreamy little tea house

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2011

This is a lovely little tea house about a 10-15 minute walk from central station. While their emphasis is on tea for sure, there's also a very small menu of vegan items in addition to vegan pastries such as cakes, pies, and even seitan filled croissants. I get the impression the menu changes often if not daily and everything is also organic. I had the tangerine ginger tea which was excellent as well as a slice of the chocolate mousse torte. It was definitely tasty but did not blow me out of the water. Tushita is quite small with seating four about 12-14 people inside and maybe 8-10 outside. I wouldn't say it was terribly comfortable as the stools had no backrests and the benches shared a long one but it was quite far back. The staff was wonderful, very friendly, and spoke English well. It's worth a visit, for sure.

Pros: Cute and cozy, excellent tea, rotating menu (fresh)
Cons: a little cramped inside
BlackbirdVegan
BlackbirdVegan

Good Tea, Hard to Get Food for English Speakers

Posted on 03 / 27 / 2011

Although the reviews say they spoke English at Tushita, I found it a little difficult to communicate, and managed only to get tea and not food. This is probably my fault for not being fluent in German. We only got a tea menu without any food items on it even though we asked about food. From reading reviews I realize that the food items were listed on the wall, but I was unable to translate them well enough. The tea was very good, but I wish I could have tried their food. I was expecting a restaurant, but this is defintely more of a small tea house. A nice place for what it is, but not the first stop for a travel hungry vegan!

Pros: cute, good tea, cozy
Cons: limited food menu, Limited English speaking, limited seating
RhiannonIlana
RhiannonIlana

Lovely place

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2011

I had found this place on Happy Cow and made a special trip there as I love tea! There was indeed a great selection of tea, I had mandarine and ginger, which was very yummy. Also had a delicious seitan sandwich and lemon cake. The decor is very pleasant and staff are nice and do speak English. It was quite busy so can be a bit difficult to get a place in there. But I was not disappointed. There are only 2 choices of lunches but both are vegan and both that day looked good.

Pros: Great food, friendly staff, lovely tea
Cons: limited menu, small place
veganstastebetter
veganstastebetter

fantastic

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2010

Recently I was in Munich for Oktoberfest. I needed a break from the loud drunk crowds and to get in from the cold. This was the perfect place to warm up with a tea and a delicious sandwich. The staff were not only gorgeous but extremely helpful. They recommended food, tea and places to visit while in Munich.

Pros: friendly, great food, location
Cons: cramped seating
hippublican
hippublican

Sophisticated

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

I was wandering around and saw a word that I thought might be "vegan" on the board outside so I popped in and the helpful, English-speaking girls working there were very friendly and recommended the strawberry cake to me. It was delicious! I hope I get to visit again while I'm in Germany.

Pros: good food, gorgeous location, friendly service
Christie22
Christie22

Excellent vegan restaurant in Munich

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2010

I recently visited Tushita while in Munich for a short business trip. It is important to note that I brought along my colleague who is not easily sold on vegetarian/vegan cuisine. Beginning to end the experience was fantastic! Carrot, ginger and coconut soup with homemade bread and a terrific seitan sandwich was on the menu for the evening. The staff were kind and interesting to talk with. When we left they gave us vegan cookies for the trip home. My colleague asked me if all vegan restaurants were this fantastic! I enjoyed my visit to Tushita and look forward to returning.

Pros: Wide selection of teas, Fantastic food, Wonderful staff
Melanie M
Melanie M

Wonderful, relaxing tea house

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2009

The food and tea at Tushita was beautiful. The owner was helpful as my German is quite poor. She recommended a lovely rose tea. The cake (almond was the only word I understood and I didn't ask for a translation, just ate it!) was awesome but the sandwich (tofu vege on poppy seed spelt bread) was even better. Not a cheap cafe but not exorbitant either. Tea, cake and sandwich was about 10 euros.

vegantraveler
vegantraveler

Perfection!!! :-)

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2009

Tushita is beyond fabulous!!! It's the complete package everything you want and expect from your dining experience. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The staff is so hip, friendly and happy to translate the daily menu:-) The FOOD, WOW Perfection!!! The integrative flavors and spices blend together in such harmony. I'm sometimes very indecisive in ordering when too many chooses are presented but they keep it nice and easy with their awesome daily specials. The person who wrote the review at the bottom is on CRACK because the desserts are THE BEST!! Bottom line: This is a place you WISH could be your local hotspot.

Pros: Seitan Sandwiches, Cup Cakes, Chai Tea
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Best Vegan Food in Munich!

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2009

Wow this place is FANTASTIC! On the chalk board when you walk in there will be the daily specials, today happened to be a hot veggie bowl with mash potatoes and tofu & a seitan spelt sandwich. Both were beyond amazing! There are also some baked items and soup. Its more of a lunch place, just go for the sandwich if they are offering one and you won't be disappointed! There is an amazing dessert case so leave room for a cup cake! Don't forget to try some tea, too! Just have a seat and they will bring you a menu and you can place your order. Just ask for help in translating anything or the daily specials in English, but you can just look at what everyone else is eating and instantly figure it out, too!

Pros: Daily Specials, Tea, Desserts
stegh
stegh

FANTASTIC!

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2009

All vegan! Everything delicious! All fresh foods made to order. Limited food menu but each item is completely outstanding. Vegan desserts also! Very conscious staff and relaxed clean atmosphere. Extensive tea menu and tea supplies... Great prices and wonderful evening. support this vegan gem!

Pros: delicious, vegan, healthy
Cons: closed on sundays!
Guest
Guest

like home!

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2009

i went there two days in a row and i love this place.nice atmosphere and pretty quiet.they have 3 dishes on their everyday changing menu.i had a sandwich each day and a thai curry!food was good...very good actually.they also have amazing teas and lots of other tasty drinks.what else to say??you need to go there.and you wont be disappointed.

Pros: friendly staff, teas, bathroom
dietrich
dietrich

Great lunch

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2009

This is a place I can highly recommend. The small but daily changing menu offers delicious soups and main dishes, which are completely organic and vegan. You can choose between a great variety of organic teas from China, Japan and elsewhere and treat yourself with a yummy vegan pastry.

Dear Owner and Manager of Tushita Teehaus:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Munich page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/12/05