1800's Carriage House in the Catskills on an organic farm. Offers vegetarian, vegan, raw food meals prepared with ingredients from its gardens or local farms. Raw food classes, retreats, yoga, hiking, biking, and camping available. more-less
8052 County Highway 18
Bloomville, New York 13739
607-538-1235

First Review by VeganSunflower
theft78
theft78

Great!

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2013

My wife and I had a weekend away here and loved it!! Great food, and Michelle is a great hostess.

Breakfast included foods that were almost entirely grown on premise.
Presentation and quality of the food is amazing.

I had seen an earlier review that the food was all raw, but that is no longer the case. However, I'm sure that (or other dietary concerns) could be accommodated if needed.

Things to consider: it is about 30 minutes from most major establishments. Not a big deal really, just enjoy the scenery on your drive. Also offers the opportunity for an amazing view of the stars due to no light pollution. The guest house is only a few feet off the road so the front rooms do seem loud when the occasional car passes by.

My wife and I both look forward to coming back!

Pros: Some food grown on-premise, Excellent service, Private bathrooms for each guest room
VeganSunflower
VeganSunflower

Gorgeous barn type house, great owners!

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2012

My boyfriend and I went there for our 5 years anniversary of dating. The house was gorgeous and so was the land around it. At night you could literally touch the stars! I took the almond mylk class and the owner of the house was awesome. She sells jewelry, raw food ingredients and is great to talk to. She was very informative and I would die to have a kitchen (and house) like it. While its sort of in the middle of no where, the scenic drive was totally worth it. Very artistic house and cool people.Its all raw food which I love but if you are scared of all raw, get over it :)

Pros: great getaway, gorgeous house, great people
Cons: middle of no where, all raw food, neighboors dog is always loose
  • lunachica lunachica

Just finding this now - Thank you for the awesome review Desiree (I'm making a guess here and if it is you I also thoroughly enjoyed our conversations)! And....I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the food. Just want to clarify that we do serve both cooked and raw vegan for those that are hesitant.
    Oh and thank you for the scoby - it found a great home. Hope we see you both again sometime soon.
    Best,