Serves meat, veg options available. pecializing in thin crust, New-York style pizzas. Around six vegan pizzas, using Daiya vegan cheese. Selection of northwest beers, plus Italian wines. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
6900 E Greenlake Way N, Ste D (NE Ravenna Blvd, Green Lake neighborhood)
Seattle, Washington 98115
206-708-1860

Open Mon-Sun 11am-9pm.

First Review by Smallu

Turnpike Pizza

3 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

We ate at Turnpike Pizza last night and thought it was average at best. It's in a great location, right off of Greenlake, and the neighborhood seemed neat. I read a lot of reviews here and on alternate websites with people making claims that this is the best vegan pizza in town, it really isn't. I last ate at Pizza Pi in 2007 and it was much better than Turnpike, PP is all vegan so that's really your best bet for good vegan pizza. I only went to Turnpike because the person I'm traveling with wanted real cheese on their pizza, so this seemed like a good alternate. I ordered and individual sized Greenlake pizza, it was topped with Daiya, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and their homemade vegan pesto. The pesto was pretty good and I appreciated that they made it vegan, however, the pizza in its entirety was "meh" - the pizza crust was thin and not very tasty and the tomato sauce was boring. The pizza at Turnpike isn't horrible, in fact, it's tolerable, but this is not a place I'll be coming back to during upcoming trips.

Vegan pizza is damn good

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2011

Best vegan pizza in Seattle, I wish I could say was somewhere else, maybe at Pizza Pi for example but it is in fact at this little place right off of Greenlake. They have about 5 or so pizzas they can do vegan and the workers seem to be rather knowledgable about vegan restrictions and the pizza is thin and as good as I remember pizza being back before I went vegan. The Greenlake is my favorite so far but I have enjoyed all the ones I have tried. If you are in the area or just looking for a great vegan pizza in Seattle you should give this place a try. This is a solid 4 star establishment which for a place that serves as much meat and cheese as they do that means a lot coming from me.

Pros: beautiful location, great vegan pizza
Cons: serves a lot of meat and cheese

Best Damn Pizza in Town!

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2010

This is the only pizza joint in town using Daiya cheese, and MAN have they put it to good use. The first time I went in I ordered the vegan Mohave pizza. Not only does the vegan version come with Daiya cheese, but marinated tofu as well. My husband got the vegan pesto pizza and it was also amazing. Haven't tried the other vegan flavors yet, but definitely will. This place sells pizza by the slice during the day-time. They also have pitcher of beer!

Pros: Location (right on Green Lake) , Food, Daiya!!
Cons: Parking, Slow service on really busy nights

Dear Owner and Manager of Turnpike Pizza: