Serves meat, veg options available. Mostly southern food restaurant. Has several vegetarian options. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Southern, Non-veg

First Review by tater_tot
PrinceVegan
PrinceVegan

Not Vegan Friendly

1 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Extremely limited choices, especially considering its popularity and Asheville location. Bean burger is NOT vegan. Boring veggie platter and tofu wings from app menu is it. Slow service. SO MANY BETTER VEGAN OPTIONS IN ASHEVILLE!

rmills12
rmills12

Surprisingly Good

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

I am vegan and gf is vegetarian. We both enjoyed it very much. Not as many options for vegans, but the black bean burger was great. It was handmade, not a frozen patty. Greens and black eyed peas were good too. She loved the biscuits that came out first. Good local beers too.
It was kinda dark where we sat, and loud but not a deal breaker.

Pros: Quality Food, Vegetarian options, Good local Beer
Cons: # of vegan options, Price, Atmosphere
jkirk
jkirk

Not for vegans

2 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2013

I was disappointed with Tupelo Honey. I had heard great things, and my omni friends loved it. I told the waitress I was vegan, and she said "Oh, we have a black bean burger." Like every other place in the world. There was nothing special about the burger. The buffalo tofu was the only saving grace for me, but they had no vegan dipping sauce. Asheville has too many other awesome placed to try before going here, as a vegan!

Pros: Nice location, Good buffalo tofu
Cons: Very limited vegan menu
aadams1217
aadams1217
  • non-vegetarian

cute spot

4 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2012

Went here for dinner and enjoyed it very much. The tofu wings appetizer was tasty, as were the biscuits (amazing blueberry jam!) and the mac and cheese. The sauteed greens were nice as well.

Pros: atmosphere, service, free biscuits!
Julie R
Julie R

GOOD MEAL

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2011

I had the veg plate: Fried parmesean corn, tofu and a side salad. The corn was really delicious. The tofu was perfectly prepared, and the side salad was very fresh. I like this place because you can go with a meat-eater and have lots of veg selections - everybody's happy.

On a different occasion, I had the sweet potato pancake (one of their specialities). Ooooh, it was SO good.

Good place. I like the one on Hendersonville Road, as opposed to the smaller one in downtown; it's much roomier and easier to get in.

Pros: Lots of veg selections, Nice decor - very clean, Not pricey at all

autumnivy
autumnivy

tupelo honey

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2011

So so glad you opened a second bigger store in S.Asheville. Menu is a very little different, but we can get in right away!! no waiting 1+ hour for a table in a cramped atmosphere! LOVE the veggie bowl, best pickled okra, goat cheese grits, greens, beans. Yum!! Both places have covered outdoor seating, downtown is more interesting, but I'd rather not wait.

Pros: South-no wait!Reservations, best in Asheville(veg bowl), south-parkinglot
Cons: downtown-long wait, downtown-no parking
tater_tot
tater_tot

tasty treats!

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2008

3 words: the vegetable plate.

Candied ginger cornbread with freshly whipped apple butter, fried green tomatoes with basil, and sweet potato fries... it's a winner!

Pros: delicious, creative cuisine, emphasis on local/organic ingredients, located in beautiful Asheville!
Cons: unpredictable hours at times

Dear Owner and Manager of Tupelo Honey Cafe: